The Plastic Surgery Consultant (PSC), under the direction of the Sales Management, grows and develops the business within their assigned geography. As a medical device representative, he/she will play an integral role in the plastic surgeon practice. By working closely with plastic surgeons and OR staff, he/she will ensure their total satisfaction with our complete line of products.
The initial base salary for this position is up to $100,000/year. You will also be eligible for a significant commission plan, long-term incentive plan, as well as generous benefits and a 401(k) with contributions from Sientra.
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
- Achieve and/or exceed sales objectives and goals
- Develop strong, long-term relationships with target customers
- Meet company goals for call frequency
- Learn and integrate core sales message and strategy
- Deliver product presentations outlining products, features, benefits and services
- Demonstrate professional, compliant and ethical behavior during all customer interaction
- Manage territory and personal administrative tasks
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends
- Interface with representatives from other key functional groups including Research and Development, Regulatory Affairs, Marketing, Legal and other groups
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding quarterly sales targets
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements (Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations, Etc.)
- 4-year college degree; 3+ years of sales experience in the medical device industry; or equivalent combination of education and O.R. experience
- Strong understanding of plastic and reconstructive surgery, implants and related products is a plus
- Must have documented record of sales success
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to simplify complicated scientific information
- Competitive and results-oriented drive
Travel based on needs of territory. Overnight travel will be required including some weekends
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports or business correspondence.
Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database applications. Ability to learn various software programs.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, stand, walk, climb or balance in conditions that include stairs, uneven ground, walking between buildings, etc. Normal vision is required for this job (with corrective lenses if necessary).
This description contains the essential functions necessary to evaluate the position. It is not intended and should not be used as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills or efforts.
Powered by JazzHR