The Pediatric Sales Manager (PSM) will be asked to recruit and lead a National Sales team with a span of control of 4 pediatric sales specialists. The PSM will be responsible for maintaining individual accounts, while leading the team and achieving sales results contributing to the successful commercialization, launch, and growth of VP 102 for Molluscum Contagiosum. PSM will be required to deliver on sales objectives and key productivity metrics for the Pediatric Sales Team, as set forth by the VP of Sales. The PSM will be responsible for selecting, recruiting, training sales representatives to high performance through ongoing field coaching and development.
PSM will also be responsible for leading customer/marketing development relationships with key customers, working collaboratively across the commercial organization,
In addition to leading a team the PSM will be assigned their own targeted Pediatric Groups or Practices and will be responsible for the successful launch of VP102 in those accounts.
The PSM may also be required to assist or perform other duties within the Company as directed, from time to time.
The PSM will ideally live in Midwest US area (Chicago or Texas) and will be responsible for managing large geography with significant travel.Summary Of Position Responsibilities
Education And Experience Requirements
- Achieve/exceed sales results and excel in execution of established performance metrics
- Market and customer development including individual calls and ownership of customer relationships
- Lead and ensure the successful launch of VP 102 and future product launches
- Call on targeted pediatric accounts and accountable for the performance in those accounts
- Select, Hire and train sales representatives
- Establish an environment of high accountability, ethical behavior and performance
- Develop and execute against national and regional business plans
- To provide an inclusive environment that fosters teamwork, ongoing learning, and success.
- Plan and conduct Regional meetings for sales representatives, while fostering a productive working environment that focuses on teamwork and learning new skills
- Develop KOL relationships and build key market segments to ensure quick adoption of VP 102
- Manage the local sales and manage budgets
- Work cross functionally with the Business Reimbursement Team to ensure good HCP experience
- Work in collaboration with the institutional team and ensure that all joint objectives are achieved
- Required to build and maintain highly professional relationships with key physicians and customers.
- Work in the field to assess the overall competency and consistency level of the field sales representatives. Provide verbal and written feedback to ensure ongoing capability development of sales representative.
- Monitor key metrics- Sales goals achievement, Reach, Frequency, message impact
Bachelor’s Degree required, ideally in: Business or related fields to marketing, MBA preferred but not required.
Substantial and relevant sales experience in the life sciences/biopharmaceutical space is required. Successful experience leading sales teams in the pharmaceutical industry.
Must have a 4 year degree from and accredited college or university.
Of importance, is demonstrated successful experience in launching new brands in the medical Pediatric space. The delivery of sales results, development of customer relationships, experience and success in working across sales, market access and channel teams. High agility in working in a fast-paced start up environment and the ability to adapt to business challenges as they arise.
Experience working in buy and bill and or specialty pharmacy a plus.Key Requirements Will Include
Physical Position Requirements
- Launch VP 102
- Achieve/Exceed results
- Knowledge/Experience of Pediatricians and key Pediatric group practices
- Knowledge expertise in disease state, product and reimbursement
- High competency in strategic planning and execution
- Recruit and retain key talent into Verrica
- Capable of training and developing sales representative to achieve sales results
- Hold representatives accountable through clear expectations, inspection and monitoring and strong performance management
- Proven experience developing key customers and segments of business
- Ability to understand clinical information, the medical legal process and develop effective campaigns that are compliant with all regulatory requirements
- Strong communication and influence skills, with the ability to inspire confidence and work successfully with internal and external stakeholders
- Committed to Verrica’s vision, mission, core values and culture.
Must be able to sit for extended periods of time at a desk. Normal requirements for office operations with respect to lifting, standing and walking. The position will require travel, sometimes frequent, during routine responsibilities. This position requires in-person visits with HCPs and other healthcare customers.