Arvinas is a clinical-stage biotechnology company leading the way in targeted protein degradation therapeutics. Arvinas is the first company to focus solely on protein degradation and its platform technology is the most advanced in the field. Since its founding in 2013, Arvinas' PROTAC® Discovery Engine has been driving the most significant breakthroughs in the industry. Arvinas' pipeline encompasses a range of validated and undruggable targets in oncology, immuno-oncology, and neuroscience. This includes three clinical-stage programs: bavdegalutamide (ARV-110) and ARV-766, which are being developed as potential treatments for men with late-line metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer, and ARV-471, which is being co-developed and commercialized by Arvinas and Pfizer as a potential treatment for patients with breast cancer.
#TeamArvinas is made up of more than 400 passionate and curious employees, whose diverse thoughts and perspectives are highly valued. Arvinas employees embrace the freedom to pursue innovation, think creatively, and give back. They are driven by the company's values and mission - to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases by pioneering therapies created with our revolutionary PROTAC® protein degradation platform. We're really excited about the work we're doing inside and outside of Arvinas, and think you will be, too. But don't just take our word for it - learn more about life at Arvinas and what employees have to say . For more information, please visit www.arvinas.com .Position Summary
Arvinas has an outstanding opportunity to develop and lead the global and US medical affairs strategy in support of ARV-471 for Breast Cancer. This role will serve as a member of the Medical Affairs leadership team and as a core team member of the global asset team.
This position reports to the Head of Medical Affairs and can be located at our headquarters in New Haven, CT or work remotely from a location within the U.S.Principal Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and lead the global and US medical affairs strategy for ARV-471
- Serve as Arvinas Chair of the Joint Medical Affairs Committee with our Alliance partner (Pfizer)
- Serve as Core member on the Global Asset Teams and lead the Medical Sub-team
- Provide Medical Affairs representation on Publication Planning Committee. Participate in data analysis efforts, and lead or participate in manuscript, abstract, and poster development
- Collaborate closely cross-functional partners in clinical development, clinical operations, and commercial
- Oversee the development and implementation of functional Medical Affairs plans and tactics.
- Oversee medical affairs research program (including collaborative studies, investigator sponsored research, and HEOR, RWD studies in partnership with HEOR Lead)
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with external thought-leaders
- Model leadership behaviors consistent with Arvinas values of working together to overcome challenges, dedication to excellence, and commitment to patients with his/her team and internal and external key stakeholders
- 15 years of Clinical or Medical Affairs experience, with at least 10 years in Medical Affairs/Clinical Research experience in pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry
- Matrix team leadership required, candidates with direct managerial experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and translate medical affairs strategy into an actionable work plan with confidence to senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal communication and presentation skills. Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships.
- Well-organized with the ability to be flexible, prioritize multiple demands, and effectively lead in a matrix organization.
- Growth mindset with demonstrated ability to perform player-coach activities
- Ideal candidate has both US and Global medical affairs experience and has breast cancer experience.
- Ability to travel 20% of time.
- MD, PhD, or PharmD required
Arvinas is proud to offer a competitive package of base and incentive compensation as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, and much more. To learn more about Arvinas, please visit www.arvinas.com
Arvinas is an Equal Opportunity Employer