Our Animal Health Marketing Team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
We are seeking a Growth and Improvement minded Director of Marketing - Companion Animal & Equine Technology Franchises that can help drive our Strategic Operating Priorities.
Summary, Focus and Purpose
- Invent - Pursue the Most Promising Internal and External Science to Address Significant Unmet Medical Needs
- Execute - Prioritize Resources Behind Our Key Growth Drivers (Oncology, Vaccines, Select Specialty Areas, Animal Health) While Optimizing Our Base Business)
- Adapt - Develop Our People, Culture and Business Model to Evolve with a Dynamic Landscape
- Diverse Talent - We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment with supporting leadership behaviors because having a high-performing, engaged workforce is critical to our ability to deliver innovative solutions to patients and customers around the world
- Values and Standards - Our Steadfast Commitment to Our Values and Standards will Continue to Guide Us as We Take on New Opportunities and Will Always be Fundamental to Our Success - They are a Competitive Advantage for Us
The Director is responsible for the commercial growth of a companion animal and equine technology ranges and leadership of their respective brand teams in the United States reporting directly to the Executive Director Companion Animal and Equine Business unit -Marketing. -
You will have primary responsibility for the development and implementation of the comprehensive brand strategy for current and future portfolio which includes recruiting, guiding, and developing the talent for each individual brand teams responsible for the day marketing functions. -As the Director, you will provide guidance and leadership to the team as they build the annual tactical plan as well as the long-term strategic plan for the portfolio. -The product range includes the-Home Again Pet Recovery platform, Sure Pet Care connected devices, Animo GPS, and Equine temp-scan microchips.-
The successful candidate ensures the strategic direction for future products to address unmet needs and significantly improve the customer experience with our company's Animal Health brands and will work cross-functionally with internal teams to be the 'voice and ear' of technology brands.- You will be accountable for developing and delivering the franchise portfolio's annual and long-term financial plan including top-line sales, spending and profit contribution.-Key Functions
Leadership & Development
- Work Independently and as a Team member with Integrity - Precision - Accomplishment - Motivational Ambition - Respect - Inclusion
Lead technology team in generation and exploitation of ideas to launch the product to market and run sustain activities throughout the product life cycle
- Lead exploration of emerging marketing channels, vetting partnerships ideas and advertising proposals, to support our broader goal
- Build and deliver growth forecasts, partnering with Finance, Product, and Digital Product teams to refine scenarios based on expected performance
- Team development and implementation of marketing plans, ensuring achievement of company and brand objectives
- Define and drive accountability across the team for performance of brands
- Direct in cross functional collaboration with global strategic marketing
- Recruit, hire, develop, and retain top talent
Messaging & Value Proposition
- Build and deliver growth forecasts, partnering with Finance, Product, and sakes teams to refine scenarios based on expected performance
- Creating the product positioning, messaging, and value proposition for our company's technology portfolio
- Partnering with agencies, communications, professional services, you and your teams will be the strategic mind behind all the content to differentiate our brands in an Omni-Chanel environment
Communications & Demand Generation Collaboration
- Focus the teams to create driving campaigns that reach the right target; with the right message; delivering ROI and business outcomes
- Provide project team leadership to ensure successful product launches
- Driving the segmentation strategy by thinking through the target buyers, ideal customer profile, target industries. Building out solutions as well as prescriptive use cases (a hierarchy of platforms, solutions)
Sales Enablement & Support
- Leading by example, collaborating closely with sales and sales enablement to understand the go-to-market motions to create powerful sales collateral and tools including webinars, pitch/demo presentations, technical monograph's, etc.
- Measurement, Analysis, Iteration and Action
- Understanding how the platforms and products are performing and driving iterative change as necessary to drive measurable results
Stakeholder Communication & Thought Leadership
- You will be one of the most cross functional leaders partnering across the organization on global strategies and execution
- You will also be seen as a thought leader in the space by presenting content across a variety of outlets including industry and customer events, webinars, blog posts, press pitches
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, IT, Science, or related areas of study.....MBA desired.
- At least eight years relevant work experience in product marketing/digital marketing/e-commerce/subscription services marketing with a successful track record working actively with positioning and messaging to create the best performing campaigns, stories, and product launches
- Principled verbal and written communications
- Experience in being accountable and responsible for managing KPIs including but not limited to revenue: New Customers, CPA, Spend, Sessions, CPS, CPM, ROAS, CAC/CLTV ratio, etc.
- Experience in managing agencies, vendor, and partnerships
- People management experience-mandatory
- Creating and defining segmentation, positioning, messaging, go-to-market, and lifecycle strategies based on market research, competitive analysis, and an unwavering focus on the customer
- Managing and executing the strategic product marketing and launch plans to drive revenue
- Monitoring and yield improved performance metrics including revenue, pricing, forecasting, sales cycle, markets, and sales opportunity targets
- Interpersonal skills that will help in developing and building strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders to collaborate and drive results for business unit
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world's food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay rangeEmployees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). -Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement-
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$175,440.00 - $276,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. - For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here .
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully-
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. -No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.-Employee Status:
Yes Travel Requirements:
25%Flexible Work Arrangements:
Flex Time, HybridShift:
1st - DayValid Driving License: