The Chronic Care Representative (CCR) is the primary point of contact for a variety of customers within their assigned geography.--
The CCR is a key member of the local Customer Team that works collaboratively with our Company's other field-based employees such as the Account Executives, Integration Delivery Systems leaders as well as other members of our Company's extended team.-
The selected representative must reside within the territory.--
Travel (%) varies based on candidate's location within the geography.-These customers may include:-
The primary activities include:
- Health care providers such as physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists as well as quality directors and office managers.---
- Within their geography there are a diverse set of health care locations that they will call upon to execute their role including: physicians' offices, integrated delivery systems, and hospital clinics.---
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Developing a territory level business plan in accordance with our Company's policies, standards, and ethics.-
- Maintaining product knowledge and certification on our Company's portfolio for which they are responsible.-
- Engaging in balanced product sales discussions with Health Care Providers and Health Care Business Professionals to align customer needs and our Company's products in accordance with product labeling.--This is achieved by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of our Company's promotional materials.-
- Providing our Company's management with updates on customer needs as it relates to helping them improve patient health outcomes, customer feedback, marketplace dynamics, and progress towards quality goals.-
- Providing customers with key insights by keeping apprised of professional and health care environment knowledge through self-study of company-provided scientific, product and marketplace information, attendance at product workshops and conferences, as well as consistent and ongoing review of our Company's promotional materials.-
- Regularly monitoring their business performance against objectives using company provided tools.-
Required Experience and Skills:-
- Bachelor's Degree with 0-2 years Sales experience OR a minimum of high school diploma with at least 4 years of relevant work experience which could include: professional sales, experience in marketing, military, or healthcare/scientific field (pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices).
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated excellence in current or previous educational or professional roles.-
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.-
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.-
- Strong organizational and time management skills.-
- Valid Driver's license.-
- Ability to convey technical concepts accurately and clearly.-
- Previous sales, account management, consultative, or customer service experience.-
- Ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives.-
Your role at our Company is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we're counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement.
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). -Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement-
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully-
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. -No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.-Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel Requirements:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - DayValid Driving License: