Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referrral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program
The Director, PMO, sets the direction for the project management function. This leader drives the expansion of divisional capability and the attainment of strategic business imperatives. This leader actively manages, monitors, and reports on the status of NPD (New Product Development) projects and the resource allocation within NPD. This role is also responsible for the PMO as well as NPD project budgeting and driving accountability across the project teams and within the PMO function.
- Set the strategy for the project management function.
- Establish, plan and manage the portfolio governance board. Evaluate tradeoffs within division.
- Manage divisional portfolio scope to meet divisional goals.
- Manage and optimize divisional portfolio timelines and launch cadence.
- Manage and optimize divisional portfolio budgets. Drive project and program cost efficiencies. Make divisional portfolio spend decisions.
- Drive the use of Quality Planning and Execution across all aspects of the active project portfolio. Mentor others in quality excellence.
- Manage the consolidated human resource plan for the portfolio of projects. Participate on hiring teams for new managers and directors in cross-functional groups. Recruit and onboard PMO staff; influence hiring decisions for cross-functional groups. Recruits, hires, onboards, manages, and develops direct staff.
- Manage the consolidated communications plan for the portfolio of projects. Drive best practices for divisional communications management.
- Manage the consolidated risk profile for the portfolio of projects. Set the tone for appropriate divisional project / program risk-taking.
- Drive the use of Procurement Management Planning across the portfolio of projects and oversee or partner with procurement team in the selection of procurement partners.
- Expert / Role model in listening and understanding what motivates stakeholders, partners and customers; drives synergy and business opportunities through stakeholder communications and leadership; cultivates and leverages a strong network of internal and external leaders.
- Understand in detail the complexity of our business, make sense of complexity and uncertainty, be mindful of implications of portfolio decisions, and be decisive on strategic portfolio issues. Influence and decide strategic growth decisions and initiatives. Influences cross-functional managers and directors functional strategies and strategic initiatives.
- BS/BA required; MS and/or MBA preferred in engineering or related field.
- 12-15+ years in PM or in medical device, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research, or related field.
- Engineering experience is highly preferred
- 5-7+ years management experience preferred
- Knowledge of PM software required
- PMP, PgMP, PfMP or equivalent preferred
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com