In April 2020, our Company
announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ in 2023 and 2024. Therefore, this role will be temporarily based in Jersey City-and exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
Our Regulatory Affairs team bring new medical advancements to the world by facilitating communications and procedures that allow swift, organized compliance partnering with external regulatory agencies. We are on the leading-edge of healthcare breakthroughs that help provide new, reliable, and compliant medical products, practices and solutions to the world.
Reporting to the Director,-the Associate Principle Scientist is responsible for creating and implementing CMC regulatory strategies for our vaccine products in accordance with global regulations and guidance and is-responsible for the preparation and submission of CMC dossiers for pipeline and commercial products. -Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:Regulatory Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, communication, lifecycle management and review of the CMC Regulatory Strategy Document for projects of increasing complexity.
- Manage execution of CMC documentation including IND/CTA, NDA/BLA/MAA, post-approval supplements, annual reports, registration renewals and responses to health authority questions per established business processes and systems.-
- Accountable for the delivery of all regulatory milestones for higher complexity products through the product lifecycle in which responsible including assessment of the probability of regulatory success together with risk mitigation measures.-
- Prioritize execution of submissions and lead opportunities to maximize submission efficiency.
- Demonstrate an understanding of regulatory affairs and applies this understanding to the benefit of the company to ensure the approval and continued market supply of our vaccine products worldwide.-
- Identify appropriate opportunities for, lead preparation for and execution of consultation with Health Authorities.-
- Conduct all activities with an unwavering focus on compliance.
- Proven experience in critically reviewing detailed scientific information and assessing whether technical arguments are presented clearly and conclusions are adequately supported by data.
- Demonstrated superior oral and written communication skills in multicultural settings and ability to communicate complex issues in a succinct and logical manner.- Strong listening skills.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of related fields (e.g., manufacturing, analytical, quality assurance) and the ability to be creative and imaginative in the approach to new and diverse problem solving.--
- Demonstrated ability to generate-innovative solutions to complex regulatory problems and effectively work with and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated flexibility in responding to changing priorities or dealing with unexpected events.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.-
Please note, relocation assistance is not provided for this position.Required:
- Bachelor's degree in a biological science, engineering, or a related field (advanced degree preferred).-- Fields of study include Biology, Microbiology, Virology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience (2 years with an advanced degree), including biological/vaccine research; manufacturing, testing, or licensure of biological/vaccine products; or related fields.-
- Regulatory CMC experience preferred.
- The candidate must be proficient in English; additional language skills are a plus.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.-Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). -Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement-
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$130,960.00 - $206,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. - For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here .
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully-
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. -No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.-Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel Requirements:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - DayValid Driving License: