Why supply chain at Stryker?
As a member of our Supply Chain team, you will make a daily impact on the lives of others. Apply today and you will get a chance to work with high-functioning, driven people who all have the same mission of making healthcare better.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
The Senior Director, Sourcing (Medical and Endoscopy) is responsible for leading and guiding Global Division sourcing teams falling under the role’s remit. The Senior Director, Sourcing (Medical and Endoscopy) will be responsible for guiding teams in the development and implementation of sourcing strategies to optimize the supply chain through partnering with best in class suppliers that exceed Stryker’s requirements in terms of quality, service and cost. Serves as top leader and escalation path for all Division sourcing teams within remit and pertaining to supplier management issues related to Commodities or CM/OEM Management. Partners with GQO Functional and Commercial leaders to ensure alignment of goals, strategies and initiatives.
The Senior Director, Sourcing (Medical and Endoscopy) will work cross-functionally across GQO and Commercial leadership teams to develop and implement an organization vision, structure and strategy for the area of responsibility with clear leadership and direction to the business along with working collaboratively at executive level with our external strategic partners that are vital to the success of our organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: (Detailed Description)
Education & Special Trainings:
- Develop and implement the Sourcing strategy for the Divisions in scope including:
- Supplier and market analysis.
- Cost modelling.
- Supplier negotiations.
- Contract management
- Supplier performance management.
- Make vs Buy
- Lead a senior team of Directors and senior managers responsible for Divisional sourcing needs to drive supplier strategy toward aggressive cost improvement and performance targets
- Lead and manage the Divisional Sourcing teams, including setting structure, identifying appropriate talent, developing job descriptions, objectives, and performance goals.
- Coordinate and partner at “C suite” level at our suppliers and internal customers to deliver best practices and communications.
- Support supplier audit and CAPA/NC responsibilities with Group Quality and Purchasing Control leaders.
- Support Division purchasing leads for systemic supplier performance issues.
- Partner with Advanced Operations, Supplier Quality and R&D to evolve the company wide manufacturing and supplier base within Divisional remit for sustainable growth and results.
- Own the expansion of supplier base within Divisional remit into new locations/markets to ensure best in class results while minimizing risk.
- Continuously improve compliance and performance of supplier base.
- Support companywide initiatives to develop and implement decision support and data systems to enhance supply chain decision making and performance monitoring.
- Support companywide initiatives to develop and implement systems to ensure our suppliers follow ethical and environmentally sustainable practices.
- Foster communication and teamwork within and across organizational boundaries
- Conduct periodic supplier site visits to maintain business understanding and monitor changes
- Influence the organization at executive levels to support the Commodity, CM / OEM and Instrumentation strategies and make sound decisions on supplier strategy and business development direction
- Top leader and escalation path for senior executives within Divisional supplier relationships including final authority for large financial decisions and contract approval on Divisional specific supplier contracts
- 30% Travel
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Finance or equivalent). Master’s degree preferred.
- 12+ years of experience in Operations and/or Quality functions; 5+ years managing people
- Experience in medical device or other regulated industry preferred
- Experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements (QAA).
- Experience managing commodities and/or strategic sourcing teams in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing, negotiating, and implementing commercial contracts to include: supply and quality agreements
- Proven ability to lead and influence senior leaders; ability to communicate across all levels of management including executive leadership level
- Financial analysis and negotiation skills required
- Ability to see the big picture, distill strategic objectives into a concrete plan for execution, influence others to build consensus behind shared goals, challenge the status quo, initiate tough conversations, and promote a culture of innovation.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement strategy and market drivers.
- Demonstrated versatility and a willingness to manage mentor and lead a team through change and ambiguity.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, collaborative team work, conflict management, and negotiation skills.
- Build trusting relationships with Executive VP level at Stryker and CEO level at our supply base.
- Demonstrated experience in presenting to and influencing executives
- Ability to develop a strategic vision for a department and lead the resulting process and structure changes for the organization
- Demonstrated ability to interpret complex information and interconnected issues to clearly articulate the findings, obstacles, and solution.
- Highly proficient in stakeholder management and communications.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to challenge processes and use knowledge or trends to identify new solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and navigate complex interpersonal and political issues.
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better.
The company offers innovative products and services in Medical and Surgical, Neurotechnology, Orthopedics, and Spine that help improve patient and healthcare outcomes. Alongside its customers around the world, Stryker impacts more than 100 million patients annually.
More information is available at stryker.com