Oncology Account Manager
Charleston, SC, USA Req #277
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Looking for a chance to make a meaningful difference in the oncology space? Taiho Oncology is on a mission: to improve the lives of patients with cancer, their families, and caregivers. Our "People first" approach means we also highly value our employees, who work relentlessly to help execute our mission. Taiho's success is founded on ensuring we always act with accountability, collaboration, and trust. By following these guiding principles, we earn and maintain the confidence of patients, the global healthcare community, collaborators and partners, and each other. Together, we are working on cutting-edge science and growing our portfolio and pipeline across a range of tumor types to address the ongoing and evolving needs of patients. Advanced technology, a world-class clinical development organization, and state-of-the-art facilities: these and other resources empower us to innovate and touch the lives of more and more patients. It's our work, our passion, and our legacy. We invite you to join us. Territory coverage:
Charleston Position Summary:
This position is responsible for the in-label promotion and sales of existing oncology products within the Taiho Oncology portfolio. This may also involve new product launches. Responsibilities and Duties:
- Calls on customers (academic & community setting) in a specific geography, provides in-label technical and administrative product information on company's products.
- Responsible for new account development within assigned geographic territory.
- Builds relationships with physicians, nurses, pharmacy, office staff and key thought leaders in assigned territory.
- Analyzes customer's needs and incorporates a Business Plan to achieve desired results.
- Represents the company in a highly professional and ethical manner, and fosters the Company's reputation and image.
- Provides a high level of product expertise and customer service to all accounts.
- Tracks sales activities and reports those activities in the CMR system.
- Serves as a role model for corporate compliance by ensuring all business practices within region are compliant with the Taiho Oncology, Inc., Compliance Code of Conduct, Policies and Procedures and all other applicable laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Conducts promotional speaker programs, lunch and learns, and exhibits where allowed in the territory.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Sales Experience & Requirements:
- 6+ years of experience in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industry preferred
- Minimum 2years in medical sales
- Documented sales success of meeting and achieving sales goals
- A self-motivating, can-do attitude
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to be coached and developed.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with internal colleagues.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand the geographic conditions / customer base
- Ability to understand environmental and industry trends, and impact on business.
- Ability to formulate an appropriate, effective business plan.
- Ability to learn how to effectively engage high level customers and decision makers.
- Ability to manage a large geographical territory.
- Ability to retain an understanding of oncology and the cancer care delivery macro-environment.
- Ability to understanding oncology reimbursement, including orals, and the payer customer segment.
- Ability to acquire solid in label product and disease state knowledge to facilitate effective customer communications.
- Leadership and teamwork experience (i.e., athletics, extracurricular activities, etc.)
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between$153k - $180kannually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as PTO, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify basesalary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
#LI-Remote #Charleston,SC-United States Equal Opportunity Employer Information:
Taiho Oncology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Any applicant who, because of a disability, needs an accommodation or assistance in completing an application or at any time during the application process, please email People@taihooncology.com . Taiho Oncology also provides reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities consistent with our obligations under the law. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. COVID-19:
All new employees of Taiho Oncology are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees may request an exemption from this mandatory vaccination policy if the vaccine is medically contraindicated for them or medical necessity requires a delay in vaccination. Employees also may be legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation or exemption under applicable law if they cannot be vaccinated because of a disability, or if the provisions in this policy for vaccination conflict with a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance, or for other reasons protected by applicable law.
Requests for exemptions and reasonable accommodations must be initiated by notifying People@taihooncology.com that you will be requesting an exemption. All such requests will be handled in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The incumbent in this position may be required to perform other duties, as assigned.