Our Marketing team are passionate about bringing our medicines and vaccines to our customers around the world. Through digital listening and patient analytics, we are able to understand our customers' needs and strive to provide solutions to meet them.Position Description:
The Hospital & Specialty/Virology Communications Strategy Lead (Face-to-Face Channel) will define, plan and lead the execution of the communications and change management strategy for the Hospital & Specialty Business Unit (HSBU) Customer Facing Teams.- The Communications Strategy Lead is a high performing partner who will serve as a unified voice for, and active member of, the US HSBU Sales Leadership Teams.
The Healthcare industry is changing at an unprecedented pace, resulting in the acceleration of engagement strategies and related capabilities within the organization.- Through a deep understanding of the customer-facing team, the US Market strategy, the Business Unit priorities, and the evolution of engagement capabilities, this Leader will partner closely with internal stakeholders and external providers to ensure that the customer-facing teams are informed, aligned, and change enabled.-Responsibilities include:
Position Qualifications : Education Minimum Requirement: Required Experience and Skills:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of US Market and BU priorities through close partnership with Sales, Marketing, Strategy and Commercial Operations, and other HQ based functions.
- Identify opportunities/events where priorities involve and/or impact the customer-facing teams and manage/effectuate communications and related activities.- Examples include but are not limited to product launches, organizational changes, capability deployments, business events.
- Lead the development of both strategic and tactical plans to engage the field and disseminate necessary information in a timely and effective way.-
- Define and manage cross-functional teams to execute the communication and change management plan, including, but not limited to, stakeholders from Sales, Marketing, Field Operations, IT, Communications, Meeting Planning, Learning & Development, Legal, and Compliance.
- Define and manage a cross-functional Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed (RACI) within the BU for plan execution.
- Partnership with Learning & Development and other HQ functions to implement solutions to drive adoption of change.-
- Design and implement measurement strategies to understand effectiveness, adoption and enable constant evolution.
- Install and facilitate governance across the US Market (USM) with regards to the field, with focus on ensuring Marketing and Sales leadership are aligned on strategy, execution and scope (e.g., "Gate-Keeper").-
- Partner with peer Communication Strategy Leads to support demand across business lines, gaining broad BU engagement and experience.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Change Management, Marketing, or Marketing Operational Support functions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication as well as strong presentation skills and an ability to build relationships with stakeholders, understand business strategy and lead cross-functional teams to achieve business goals.
- Demonstrated strategic/critical thinking, passionate, self-motivated, engaging and personable.
- Ability to work effectively cross-functionally in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong collaboration, independent resourcefulness, project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of the promotional review process
** This position is based in the Upper Gwynedd, PA office - also open to being virtually based
Our Human Health Division maintains a "patient first, profits later" ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.-Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). -Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement-
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate's relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected salary range:
$130,960.00 - $206,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. - For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here .
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully-
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. -No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.-Employee Status:
No relocationVISA Sponsorship:
No Travel Requirements:
10%Flexible Work Arrangements:
Hybrid, On-Site, Remote WorkShift:
1st - DayValid Driving License: