Expected Travel: More than 50%
Requisition ID: 8270
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional Urology – NeoTract is dedicated to developing innovative, minimally invasive and clinically effective devices that address unmet needs in the field of urology. As part of the Teleflex Interventional Urology business unit, NeoTract’s focus is on improving the standard of care for patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) using the UroLift® System, a minimally invasive, permanent implant system that treats symptoms while preserving sexual function*1,2. The UroLift System is clinically proven to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to BPH in men over the age of 45. The UroLift System lifts or holds the enlarged prostate tissue out of the way so it no longer blocks the urethra. There is no cutting, heating or removal of prostate tissue. More than 400,000 men have been treated with the UroLift System in select markets worldwide.** Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
* No instances of new, sustained erectile or ejaculatory dysfunction in the FDA pivotal study.
** Management estimate based on product sales and average units per procedure
- Roehrborn, J Urology 2013 LIFT Study
- McVary, J Sex Med 2014
Indicated for the treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate up to 100cc in men 45 years or older. As with any medical procedure, individual results may vary. Most common side effects are temporary and include pain or burning with urination, blood in the urine, pelvic pain, urgent need to urinate and/or the inability to control the urge.1 Rare side effects, including bleeding and infection, may lead to a serious outcome and may require intervention. Speak with your doctor to determine if you may be a candidate.
The Interventional Urology Associate will be responsible for covering UroLift system cases as required by customers, providing on-site clinical consultation, and providing other sales activities and other related support as determined by the assigned Urology Consultant and/or Regional Business Manager.
This position supports the customer during surgical procedures and is also responsible for any follow-up, support, troubleshooting, customer service and education as requested or required. In addition, the candidate for this role must possess a desire to transition into sales at a future point in their career.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clear understanding of and ability to articulate verbally clinical and technical product knowledge relating to assigned products
• Educate and train physicians, surgeons, hospital personnel and office staff on technical matters relating to UroLift
• Attend and actively participate in industry related training/ meetings/ events for business development opportunities
• Maintain current knowledge about assigned products and services as well as competitive products
• Retain relationships within current customer base by identifying opportunities that may help formulate sales strategies
• Develop and maintain long-term relationships that lead to increasing use of products within target accounts
• Develop and maintain productive cross-functional relationships in and outside of Teleflex to share knowledge and leverage synergies within the organization
• Engage in basic market development activities depending on the needs of the assignment
• Organize and manage information utilizing CRM or other related tools as directed
• Maintain current records and administrative duties, including inventory, sales reporting and expense management
• Establish and maintain credentials (via RepTrax, Vendormate, etc) to enter and work in hospitals and other medical facilities as required by facility requirements.
• Conform with Teleflex Code of Conduct and all local Compliance Standards
• Conforms with Teleflex Q/EHS Policy
• Interact frequently with Health Care Professionals including urologists, doctors, nurses, technicians, procurement, inventory control, administrative staff and related personnel
• Contribute to our culture of being collaborative, respectful, transparent, ethical,
• efficient, high-achieving, and fun!
QUALIFICATIONS, ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 1 year successful medical experience preferred – preferably in medical device marketing, sales or service
• Ability to be on time and prepared for each case deployed
• Must be mobile and willing to travel
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong relationship and consultative selling skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills
• High attention for detail and excellent follow through
• Pro-active; high-performance and results orientation
• Ability to work as part of a team is essential to the role
• Demonstrate effective time management skills and administrative capabilities
• Ability to adapt and willingness to change
• Communicate clearly in both written and verbal formats
• Personifies Teleflex Mission, Vision and Values
• Perform all other duties as assigned
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.