Expected Travel: Up to 50%
Requisition ID: 8007
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
OEM – Teleflex Medical OEM is a leading global provider of product development and production services for medical device manufacturers. We set ourselves apart with deep expertise, decades of experience, a dedication to design for manufacturability, and extensive, in-house capabilities, which include engineering, regulatory services, material selection and formulation, prototyping, manufacturing, assembly and packaging. We deliver industry-changing innovations and next-generation solutions for extrusions; diagnostic and interventional catheters; balloons and balloon catheters; sheath/dilator sets; specialty sutures, braids and fibers; and bioabsorbable sutures, yarns and resins. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The role of Technical Sales Engineer for the OEM business reports to the Sales Director and will be responsible to identify and pursue new business which includes but is not limited to serving customers by identifying their needs for engineering adaptations, products, equipment and services.
• Identify and pursue new business with existing and new customers.
• Meet with new and existing OEM customers to explain/recommend Teleflex Medical OEM’s products, design capabilities, and production facility capabilities
• Prepare requests for quotation by studying drawings, plans, and related customer documents; consult with finance, plant engineers, demand planning, and other professional and technical personnel
• Analyze costs and sales ROI
• Actively engage customers in order to promote company services and capabilities
• Prepare Sales Funnel and Forecasting Reports
• Exceed Quarterly and Annual Sales Targets
• Record and maintain client contact data
• Support marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
• Timely trade show and web lead follow up
• Maintain Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
• Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product will meet client needs
• Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education
• Work with customers and Teleflex locations to resolve issues
• Assist in the design of custom-made products
• Provide training and needed support materials for members of the sales team
• Comply with FDA and ISO Quality Systems requirements
• Account for all territory expenses and materials
• Traveling to visit potential clients. Position will require 50+% travel in the local territory
Education / Experience Requirements
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field is required
• 1-3 years experience in a regulated industry is required
• A minimum of 1 year of engineering experience with a leading medical device company is preferred.
• 1-3 years of selling experience in the field of medical device strongly preferred
• A solid understanding of the medical device industry preferred, and an understanding of the OEM business is preferred
• Product knowledge in catheter fabrication, suture manufacturing, and/or extrusion is preferred
• Experience in strategic planning and execution
• Experience working in a matrix organization is preferred
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
• Knowledge and understanding of product development
• Strong project management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
• Ability to prioritize workload and work independently as a self-starter with strong proactive work ethics
• Ability to influence across boundaries and drive collaboration
• Must have a high degree of initiative and the ability to multi-task and work independently
• Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills including the desire to solve technical/logistical issues
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a cross functional team environment
• High level of organization, attention to detail and accuracy
• Solid reasoning and planning abilities
• Ability to build and maintain relationships
• Ability to drive new projects from discovery, to quoting, to development, and finally to production
• Capable of serving as project owner for new opportunities
• Ability to prepare accurate sales reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information
• Must have a current valid Driver’s License
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.