Employer Engagement Director - Strategic Consumer Group (SCG) - Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. Strategic Customer Group is recruiting for a Employer Engagement Director position. The geographic preference for this position is East Coast based, with frequent travel to Titusville NJ, Horsham PA and Washington, DC.
The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, provide medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: http://www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com.
The Employer Engagement Director (EED) is an SCG leader responsible for developing and implementing strategic business initiatives in response to the changing healthcare environment, deployed specifically to Employer Stakeholders. The Employer Engagement Director will be accountable for supporting and recommending effective strategies and engagements that shape, maintain and improve access, quality of care and establishes equity for patients. The EED is responsible for developing, deploying, and leading the Regional Coalition Strategy, which includes providing leadership for the Health Policy & Advocacy Directors (HPADs) who are the key point of contacts with their Regional Employer Coalition. The EED is responsible for supporting Janssen’s employer strategy for each brand within the Janssen portfolio as appropriate. This position will report to the Employer Strategy Director. The EED will provide leadership to distinguish J & J in the market, be a convener of stakeholders, and provide strategic insights internally in support of evolving business needs.
This role is highly consultative and requires partnering and interfacing with all internal partners (e.g., Health Policy & Advocacy, SCG Franchise Leadership, Brand Marketing, Communications, Healthcare Quality, Scientific Affairs, Finance). The candidate should be able to demonstrate the ability to anticipate and act proactively and effectively in reactive, uncertain situations. The position does not have direct reports, however, leads the Employer Regional Coalition Strategy which requires the ability to manage without authority with Health Policy and Advocacy Directors and cross-functional teams, while being able to work productively.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively engage with new and emerging stakeholders
- Provide expert insights to the business on the unique challenges and needs of the employer channel and make informed recommendations to internal business partners
- Build proactive share of voice with new & novel stakeholders
- Set strategy and lead Health Policy & Advocacy team to pull through Regional Employer strategy efforts on specific state-based policy & advocacy issues related to Drive the Debate.
- Support & contribute to internal Employer Strategy communication plan
- Partner closely with National Policy and Advocacy Directors to convene the voice of appropriate Advocacy organizations with Employer organizations. Engage in coalition building to reach a common goal.
- Effectively communicate and educate the internal organization and national employer organizations on key policy trends.
- Engage Employers to support patient-friendly policies and build awareness of key advocacy and policy issues that impact appropriate access/treatment choice.
- Establish Janssen as a credible source for non-branded information with the employer benefit community. Identify and support opportunities for appropriate resources.
- Assist Employer Strategy Director with managing budget and execute sponsorship requests (corporate sponsorships, corporate memberships) from key stakeholder groups including National and Regional Employer coalitions.
- Effectively participate and lead Janssens employer interactions at all relevant conferences.
- Support efforts to integrate the Employer Strategy into Business Planning process.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the Healthcare Industry is required
- A minimum of 5 years' related experience with Strong background and understanding of public payor policy (Medicare, Medicaid, commercial payer policy) is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Employer Market, including benefit plan design, National & Regional employer coalitions, policy, funding of healthcare, patient/provider advocacy, and the interaction between healthcare stakeholders
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Deep understanding of the Employer channel and key stakeholders
- Established relationships with leaders and influencers in the Employer channel, including National & Regional Employer Coalitions
- Established relationships with the Patient/Provider Advocacy organizations that have an Employer focus
- Strong understanding of the top healthcare priorities and challenges facing Employers
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication of Benefit Plan designs and Health Insurance
- Demonstration of strong skills in strategic planning/development and execution is required.
- Demonstration of ability to manage complexity and collaboration with numerous cross-functional teams is required.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) required. Ability to communicate a vision and lead without authority.
- Ability to demonstrate a strong customer-centric approach and focus is required
- Understanding of complexities associated with the changing health care environment is required. Knowledge of/experience in dealing with health disparities is critical.
- Strong background and understanding of the commercial payor policy, business models and impact on benefit plan design.
This position requires significant domestic travel including weeknights and weekends is required (up to 50%).
The base pay range for this position is $113,000 to $195,500. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
NA-US-New Jersey, NA-US-New York, NA-US-District of Columbia, NA-US-Georgia, NA-US-Massachusetts, NA-US-Pennsylvania, NA-US-South Carolina, NA-US-Delaware, NA-US-Vermont, NA-US-West Virginia, NA-US-Alabama, NA-US-Florida, NA-US-North Carolina, NA-US-Virginia, NA-US-New Hampshire, NA-US-Maine, NA-US-Connecticut
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)
Yes, 50 % of the Time
Required Years of Related Experience: