Job Description Summary
As a Sales Representative, within the BD Sales Development Program, you will gain the knowledge, skills, and experience to jumpstart a limitless career; all while contributing to a team and culture dedicated to a singular goal: advancing the world of health. Many program graduates transition into field-based sales positions, or Associate Territory Managers. Imagine truly believing in the products you’re selling. As part of one of the world’s leading medical technology companies, you’ll learn first-hand how our innovations make a difference to lives around the world.
Primary responsibilities include driving sales to new and/or existing customers through telephone contact (85%) or face to face (15%) to meet/exceed individual and team sales objectives and annual sales quotas.
We arethe makers of possible
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world. Advancing the world of health™ is our Purpose, and it’s no small feat. It takes the imagination and passion of all of us—from design and engineering to the manufacturing and marketing of our billions of MedTech products per year—to look at the impossible and find transformative solutions that turn dreams into possibilities.
We believe that the human element, across our global teams, is what allows us to continually evolve. Join us and discover an environment in which you’ll be supported to learn, grow and become your best self. Become amakerof possiblewith us.
Our vision for Inside Sales at BD
Deliver a consistent, diverse, high performing sales organization that exceeds internal and external customer expectations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage, prospect, and build relationships within an assigned territory to increase revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Drive sale of medical supplies and devices that have a medium length sales cycle and existing account penetration.
- Manage sales pipeline and monthly business forecasting.
- Present quarterly business updates to business unit executive leadership team.
- Attend national sales meetings and conferences.
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required.
- Recent college graduates will be considered.
- One (1) year of sales experience is preferred.
- Able to work onsite in our Vernon Hills, Ill (suburb northwest of Chicago) offices 3 days a week.
- Ability to travel 15% annually.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills are required.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong problem-solving and time management skills are required.
- Open to future growth opportunities in outside field sales in various markets across the country.
Click on Apply if this sounds like you!
For certain roles at BD, employment is contingent upon the Company’s receipt of sufficient proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In some locations, testing for COVID-19 may be available and/or required. Consistent with BD’s Workplace Accommodations Policy, requests for accommodation will be considered pursuant to applicable law.
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that allows you to bring your authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their life’s purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally hardworking and committed to encouraging an inclusive, growth-centered, and exciting culture. Our Total Rewards program — which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components — is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Primary Work Location
USA IL - Vernon Hills