Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is an onsite opportunity in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We are helping people with Diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Consistent and accurate glucose monitoring is the foundation of any diabetes management plan, so we’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure, track and analyze glucose levels.
As a Business Insights Manager, you will join a very welcoming team cultivating co-elevation principles. He/she will take a leadership role in the development and communication of key performance indicators and strategic analyses for key stakeholders. As part of customer centric Data Analytics team, you will work with an array of internal and external partners in a highly collaborative setting designed to share data, insights, and perspectives that all contribute to strategic priorities of Abbott Diabetes Care. You will be supported as well as rewarded for your performance in a dynamic environment offering opportunities for development and growth. We recognize that people come from diverse backgrounds and skills and welcome all to apply. This is an onsite opportunity in Alameda, CA.
What You'll Do
- Proactively conduct quantitative and qualitative data analyses around ambiguous problems leveraging large data sets (incl. prescription, medical claims and/or longitudinal patient-level data)
- Build models and automated dashboards to monitor and optimize business performance, address business questions, inform business decisions, and develop revenue forecasts
- Optimize the impact of data and drive efficiency through advancement of analytical tools
- Ensure data and analysis accuracy and timely completion of deliverables while managing multiple projects
Strategic Insights & Problem Solving:
- Become a subject matter expert, trusted advisor, and source of truth for the ADC organization
- Interpret data trends and present data-driven strategic insights and actionable recommendations to senior leadership related to business performance, operations, and customer insights
- Formulate analytical strategies for proactively addressing customer needs, solving business problems, achieving commercial and marketing objectives, and developing new business opportunities
Teamwork and Collaboration:
- Partner with internal (e.g., commercial, marketing, and finance) and external (e.g., vendors & agencies) stakeholders to align on business objectives, expectations, timelines, and action plan
- Effectively communicate and actively collaborate within and beyond the team to cultivate teamwork and empowered partnerships
- Create an open environment built on trust, candor, and co-elevation principles
- Take accountability and offer help and support to colleagues
Experience You'll Bring
- Bachelors Degree In a Related field or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 9 years of related work experience.
- MBA, MS Degree in Business, Finance, Data Science, or Statistics
- Strategic Consulting Experience
- Understanding of advanced and predictive analytics techniques used in marking mix modeling, segmentation analysis, targeting efforts
- 5+ years analytical experience desired, preferably in the healthcare industry in a market science or business analytics role.
- Experience with enterprise market analytics, data management/mining, financial modeling, and market forecasting to measure business performance (KPIs) and marketing tactics effectiveness
- Experience utilizing big data sets with medical claims and/or longitudinal patient-level information
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently under aggressive timelines in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Strong strategic thinking, executive presence capabilities, and attention to detail
- Advanced communication and presentation skills including ability to create impactful power point presentations with visual storytelling and adjust the story/details based on the audience
- Deep understanding of latest analytical tools and dashboarding technologies, data warehousing, software, process, and applications (e.g., SQL, Tableau, AWS, Python, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics, etc.)
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free cov erage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and Zone \Perfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.