Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is an onsite opportunity in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We are helping people with Diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Consistent and accurate glucose monitoring is the foundation of any diabetes management plan, so we’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure, track and analyze glucose levels
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals at the district level. This role will establish and lead a team of high performing representatives that can execute and achieves our sales plan and goals, provide clear direction and feedback of results achieved, and work closely with the marketing teams and other sales channels to develop synergistic sales plans. This role will also ensure that all activities fall within the corporate compliance guidelines, and that representatives operate in a legal and ethical manner.
What You'll Do
- Meet and exceed District sales goals
- Lead, hire, teach, coach and develop representatives to exceed sales goals.
- Provide strategic and tactical feedback to marketing.
- Implement the divisional sales and marketing programs.
- Implement the appropriate control measures for monitoring representative activity effectiveness in the field.
- Monitor performance and adjust resources and approach as needed.
- Ensure that all activities fall within the corporate compliance guidelines.
- Ensure that each representative is properly trained.
- Utilize the appropriate reports for call tracking, territory analysis, and sample accountability.
- Routinely work with representatives in the field to coach and assess their skills.
- Accountable for retail and managed care accounts within the defined district.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and performing other duties as assigned by management.
Note: This job description describes the principal and main elements of the job. It is a guide to the nature and main duties of the job as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent representation.
Education and Experience You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2-4 years of selling District Manager experience with at least 1 cross training role. (selling in another channel)
- Has demonstrated coaching, leadership, and planning skills.
- Can communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- An understanding of who our customers are.
- Marketing and training experience are highly desirable.
- Previous management experience is desirable.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.