Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Riverside & Palm Springs currently has an opportunity for a Pediatric Office Sales Specialist. This position is responsible for the promotion, management, and growth of Abbott Nutritional products in hospital settings.
- Ideal Candidate will live in Riverside or Palm Springs.
- Must live in territory *Relocation is not available for this role. Local candidates only, please. *
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and supporting territory sales goals in major hospital systems for Similac, Neosure, and HPCL.
- Hospital negotiations and contracting, experience working with hospital supply chain.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all products, clinical studies, protocols and guidelines as well as the ability to deliver the information in a selling environment.
- New product launches.
- An understanding of the hierarchy of hospital departments such as NICU, Pediatrics, Pharmacies, Purchasing, PICU, Nurseries and Nursing units. The ability to work effectively with Dietitians, Physicians and Nurses.
- Effective administrative skills, organizing your time.
- Budget management.
- Ability to function independently with a high degree of initiative, independence, and autonomy.
- Desire to be self- motivated, seeking out success at achieving both short and long term goals.
- Hosting evening educational opportunities for Healthcare Professionals (1-2 Nights per quarter).
- Customer Base: NICU, Pediatrics, Pharmacy, Purchasing, PICU, Nurseries, Nursing units, Neonatologist, Dietitians, Nutrition, RN, & Supply Chain.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree required.
- The ideal candidate may also have a minimum of three years sales experience in a hospital setting, working with Supply Chain and Health Care Professionals AND/OR Clinical Experience.
- The ideal candidate will be a Registered Dietitian WITH sales experience, technically knowledgeable.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs to assist with stocking and the movement of pediatric products.
- Registered Dietitians, NICU, Labor & Delivery Nurses, and Registered Nurses are strongly encouraged to apply
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
The salary for this role is between $56,700 – $113,300