Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Manager of Clinical Medical Education
Location: Horsham, PA - Hybrid schedule (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
Duration: 1 year
Benefits on offer for this contract position:
Health Insurance, Life insurance, 401K and Voluntary Benefits
Please note that this is a contract role providing services to the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies through external staffing partners of Kelly OCG. If you are selected for this role, you will be employed by a contract staffing supplier and will not be a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families, and the communities in which we live and work.
The Manager, Medical Education will work under the direction of the Director, Medical Education to support the development and execution of the independent medical education strategy across given oncology areas of interests. In this role, he/she will work closely with the Director, various cross-functional internal partners, external associations and requesting organizations to review and manage independent medical education programs. The Manager is responsible for, in conjunction with the Sr. Medical Communications Specialist, coordinating grant routing/approval and ensuring compliance with internal and external policies and guidelines. Provides complete documentation required for review and approval during review meetings. Communicates meeting outcomes with key internal stakeholders and to the requesting organizations (where appropriate). The manager will liaise with the Director, Scientific Communications Directors, Finance, and Medical Directors to manage the IME budget.
Along with the Sr. Medical Communications Specialist, continually monitors management systems with respect to grants, creates, evidence-based request for proposals (RFP), grant status and metrics reports. Ensures that processes, management systems, and operational procedures comply with internal policies, industry standards, guidelines, and regulations (i.e., FDA, OIG, ACCME, PhRMA Code, AMA). Collaborates with medical communications team members to track and ensure timely delivery of payments and letters of agreement. Provides information on application and payment status to grant applicants (when appropriate). Assists Director, Medical Education and Medical Communications team with quarterly outcomes reports.
Leads and tracks company personnel attendance at supported education events, ensuring that registration and attendance is completed compliantly with Organizer regulations, and internal Janssen SOPs are followed by each attendee.
- Review oncology continuing medical education grants (i.e., MM, Lymphoma, and ST) for compliance, alignment with educational priorities and objectives
- Manage and report approved programs to appropriate stakeholders (Director, Medical Director, Field Medical Team)
- Perform compliance monitoring and evaluation of assigned programs
- Track and analyze outcomes data for approved grants
- Stay current with innovations in the demonstration of value for educational programming
- BA/BS, ideally Masters in a science field or RN background, Pharm D or Pharmacist PhD is preferred
- Strong compliance knowledge (i.e., FDA, OIG, ACCME, PhRMA Code, AMA), advanced Excel skills,
- Strong Visme/Publisher/Newsletter software experience,
- Project management experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to perform independently at high-levels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.