Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Cell & Molecular Biologist
to join the Cell Engineering and Analytical Sciences (CEAS) group located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC
is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to lead our cellular and metabolic engineering efforts in the Cell Engineering & Analytical Sciences team. The candidate will be an integral part of technology development for next generation biologics production cell lines. The incumbent will plan and execute experiments to enable crossing barriers of current protein expression systems. The role will specifically explore cellular pathways to increase quantity and quality of biotherapeutic proteins. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the cutting edge of the biopharma industry while being exposed to a multitude of specialty scientists to gain holistic experience in the drug discovery and development space.
- Map, design, and implement biosynthetic pathways using state of the art genomics, transcriptomics, metabolomics, and proteomics, as well as gene editing technologies for generating high titer manufacturing cell lines.
- Design and integrate technologies to engineer mammalian and potentially microbial cell lines for secreting complex proteins.
- Employ cell & molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid manipulation, ddPCR, Western blotting, gene editing technologies, metabolic fingerprinting, and pathway characterization and engineering for production of high-quality manufacturing cell lines for complex biologics.
- Interact with peers from specialty areas and develop scientific expertise and soft skills.
- Use and visualize high content molecular data analysis tools.
- Identify trends in the production cell engineering field and integrate into pipeline.
- Design experiments, analyze data, troubleshoot, provide detailed training and mentorship to colleagues and maintain detailed records for laboratory notebooks and other technical documents.
- Present scientific data at internal and external meetings/conferences and publish results in peer-reviewed journals.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of B.S. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Chemical Engineering, or related scientific field with 8+ years of industry experience or M.S. with 6+ years of experience; or Ph.D. with 3+ years of experience in cell engineering, analysis of cell culture process, protein expression, and/or metabolism data.
- Practical knowledge in genomics, molecular biology, high-throughput sequencing applications, CRISPR, TALEN, and ZFN gene editing for knockout and knock-in to modulate gene expression, clinical tools and databases, and a general business acumen in life sciences industry and markets is required.
- Extensive wet lab experience in manipulating mammalian cell cultures is required.
- An understanding of mammalian cell culture, protein expression, and analysis is required.
- High-content biological data management, analysis, and presentation is required.
- Excellent social, organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and connect with different functional groups and people in multiple levels is required.
- Familiarity with bioreactor process and mammalian cell metabolism is preferred.
- Our highly dynamic environment requires you to have a strong work ethic, adapt to changes and be creative.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)