Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, imaging catheters and software, vessel closure devices and peripheral stents.
Our field-based location in the Fayetteville, AR, Rogers, AR, Springfield, MO, and Joplin, MO area currently has an opportunity for an Endovascular Clinical Specialist. This role will promote Abbott Vascular products through education of current and potential customers and procedure coverage within a defined territory/region/area by providing clinical education and sales support in order to assist in achieving projected sales goals and increasing sales revenues within assigned product lines. This position will have a heavy focus on Vessel Closure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Serve as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of surgical coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products.
- Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to keep all customers abreast of the latest product, therapy, and technology developments and current items of interest in the industry.
- Perform clinical and library research and participates in case reviews and clinical observation by working with physicians and/or lab staff.
- Attend clinical procedures in the labs and operating rooms of hospital accounts to assure customer and patient success with Abbott Vascular products.
- Meet with existing and potential clients (e.g., physicians, physician office groups at hospitals) by traveling (in an automobile or airplane) to identify their clinical needs, goals, and constraints related to patient care and to discuss and demonstrate how Abbott Vascular products can help them to achieve their goals.
- Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
- Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g., sales, clinical research, marketing, technical support) to develop optimal solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Vessel Closure experience
- 2+ years of related work experience, demonstrated competency in clinical acumen
- Ability to travel 50% within assigned region
- Patient interaction experience within a lab/operating room environment
- Relevant Technical Certification
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.