Expected Travel: More than 50%
Requisition ID: 7934
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Anesthesia - At Teleflex, we promote the use of advanced anesthesia techniques to help improve outcomes and reduce healthcare costs. We equip clinicians with some of the most advanced medical devices on the market today, from our world-class brands including:
- LMA® and Rüsch® airway management devices designed to help reduce the risk of airway-related complications.
- Arrow pain management products designed to improve patients' post-operative pain experience.
Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers advanced medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
This position manages a medical device sales territory for Teleflex’s airway business which includes acute care accounts in the assigned geographies. The medical device products sold in the business include laryngeal mask airways, laryngoscopes and endotracheal tubes. Teleflex is committed to saving lives and improving patient outcomes through innovative, clinician-preferred medical devices and outstanding service. Our market-leading brands are known to clinicians the world over, and include LMA®, Rusch®, Arrow®, and Hudson RCI®.
The incumbent in this position implements sales plans and achieve sales goals and objectives through the development of multi-level relationships within hospitals and surgical centers. This position achieves sales goals through interface with clinicians – particularly surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurse anesthesiologists, members of the surgical team and various health care professionals in operating rooms and surgical centers, as well as hospital administration and procurement teams. Reporting to a Regional Sales Manager, this role ensures the maximization of territory sales, profitability, and future business opportunities.
• Exceed company assigned quota
• Sales growth facilitation by conducting physician, nurse, technologist and account in-servicing
• Present in-house and on-call technical support for sales team and customers (physicians, nurses etc.)
• Participate in troubleshooting support programs
• Educate customers on products, procedures, and industry trends
• Develop Key opinion leaders
• Product and Competitor research to remain on the forefront of medical device technology in the Anesthesia & Respiratory market
• As requested, may assist with national conventions and attend local, regional and/or national scientific tradeshows and educational meetings to promote products and in-service customers
• Adhere to and ensure the compliance of Teleflex's Code of Conduct, all Company policies, rules, procedures and housekeeping standards.
This position requires direct contact with an implantable device. ☐ Yes ☒ No
Education / Experience Requirements
• A bachelor’s degree is required, with 2-6 years’ sales experience. Prior sales experience would ideally include medical device sales experience selling to hospital, surgical centers and clinics. In absence of medical device sales experience, transferable skills could include independently and successfully selling a broad base of technical products, B-2-B, and/or financial or complex services to a highly professional client base in a broad geography. Such prior experience would need to be at a demonstrated level sufficient to offset for the absence of key medical device sales of a “big bag” (or product mix) that is sold, with related interface to clinicians.
• Prior skills and/or core competencies for this position include:
o Results orientation
o Customer advocacy and experience focus
o Product, clinical market understanding
o Planning and organization
o Flexibility and adaptability
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Must be able to demonstrate success in prior sales positions
• Carry detail bag weighing up to 20 pounds
• Lift equipment weighing up to 30 pounds
• Be standing or walking in numerous hospitals or at meetings for 6-10 hours per day, up to five days per week.
• Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and through writing with a variety of call points in anesthesia / acute care / gastro and other suites where anesthesia / intubation are routinely managed.
• Forming clinical knowledge
• Gaining competence to have impactful conversations with clinicians and value analysis team members regarding products, procedures and industry trends
• Strong analytical skills and a sound business acumen
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 60-70%
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.