Expected Travel: More than 50%
Requisition ID: 8253
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We apply purpose driven innovation – a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs – to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Interventional - The Interventional business unit at Teleflex offers innovative medical devices that are used to diagnose and treat coronary and peripheral vascular diseases. We place a strategic emphasis on complex coronary and peripheral interventions, vascular access, bone access, specialty biologic treatments and cardiac assist. Our current Interventional products include a broad range of clinically relevant solutions, such as our GuideLiner® and Turnpike® Catheters, AC3 Optimus™ Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump and OnControl® Powered Bone Access System. With a strong R&D footprint and pipeline, our fast-growing Interventional business unit is poised to continue the development of new technologies to serve critically ill patients for years to come. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients’ lives.
The role of Area Vice President for the Interventional Business Unit will report to the National VP of Sales, and will be responsible for managing the sales force for the West Region of the US. This role will direct the implementation of the company’s sales & marketing plans and programs and be responsible for the growth of the region’s business through effective management of Regional Sales Manager performance and budgets.
• Create and foster a culture consistent with Teleflex Core Values.
• Facilitate the growth, development and performance of the Regional Sales Managers to maintain a high level of effective leadership with the field sales force.
• Oversee and foster the activities of the sales force and the sales management team in the field. Direct the sales force to achieve sales goals, control expenses and implement approved selling/marketing strategies to the appropriate market targets.
• Create and implement programs to drive sales growth and differentiation in the market.
• Develop and monitor sales reports for regional and territory levels in order to equip the sales department with the needed data to maximize impact of sales efforts and to refocus approach to market when indicated.
• Develop national and regional forecast/quota and assist in the development of territory forecast/quota with Sales VP and Regional Managers.
• Design the commission/bonus component to the sales force compensation and oversee the implementation/administration of the plan. Develop sales incentive plans when necessary.
• Manage pricing strategy within region to drive revenue and profitability.
• Establish and maintain a continuing review of both short and long term strategic plans for expansion of sales and develop sales force capabilities accordingly.
• Manage region’s sales budget to ensure proper focus of growth drivers.
• Work closely with Marketing, Product Development, Demand Planning, and Quality teams to communicate and meet customer needs.
• Direct and support sale strategy in achieving access and compliance within Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), hospital alliances, and proprietary chains.
• Interface and develop relationship with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and senior level decision makers within targeted GPOs and hospital alliances.
• Manage negotiations and process developments with decision makers including creation, presentation, and implementation of financial programs and proposals
• Review financial, competitive and product potential in the attainment and management of assigned groups.
• Work along side Corporate Accounts team to evaluate opportunities and formulate recommendations of adoption/rejection for group and/or government contracts.
• Participate in the assessment of new products, both those in development by Teleflex and the area of in-licensing
Education / Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in sales management in a medical products company. Experience in the Interventional Cardiology market preferred.
• Proven track record in medical product sales management.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
• Strong leadership traits with the ability to unleash potential.
• Experience with selecting, developing and coaching sales managers.
• Ability to create a positive team environment with people of diverse backgrounds
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Well-versed in problem solving and negotiating activities
• Ability to collect, compile, and analyze data and information in order to create documents such as business plans, operating budgets, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
• Proficiency in computer and business software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to spend a significant amount of time (50%+) traveling within the region and across the U.S.
• Must be able to establish and maintain vendor credentials (via RepTrax, Vendormate, etc.) to have the ability to enter and work, as required, in hospitals and other medical facilities, as an essential function of the job. Depending on customer/site requirements, vendor credentials may require the employee to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 70%
*The ideal candidate will be based in the Western part of the US near a major airport*
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® – trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.