Nuclera is a venture-backed, founder-driven biotech company headquartered in Cambridge, UK with significant operations in Boston, USA. The company’s mission is to improve human health by making proteins accessible. We are beginning this mission through the launch and on-going development of our eProtein Discovery platform. eProtein promises to be a breakthrough protein expression, characterization and purification technology that brings rapid protein access to the life science benchtop and accelerates drug discovery process.
We are seeking an experienced and ambitious Sales Director to help develop our customer base in the US and eventually build up the US sales team. This requires you to leverage your significant networks in the top biopharma companies to facilitate integration of our technology into early drug discovery workflows. You will take charge of the whole US market, build and coach a top performing sales team that smashes targets to contribute significantly to the company’s revenue and growth goals.
This role will suit an individual who has experience and drive working in a fast-paced biotech environment with a track record of execution and teamwork. You should be someone who has experience both running a sales team as well as building and managing strong relationships with big pharma.About The Role
- Manage multiple top tier biopharma accounts in the US territory at various stages of the cycle from prospecting through to value delivery.
- Take accountability and help the VP of BD and Sales in planning and building the US sales team from the ground up.
- Be the leading force in managing and coaching an A-level sales team to ensure they exceed sales objectives.
- Develop and implement a strategic sales plan to achieve Nuclera’s goals and revenue targets in the US.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders, key customers, and stakeholders in the drug discovery industry.
- Work closely with the product development team to ensure that Nuclera’s products meet customer needs and market demands.
- Develop and manage the US sales budget, ensuring that resources are allocated appropriately to achieve sales targets.
- Analyze sales data and market trends to make informed decisions and adjust the sales strategy as necessary.
- Ensure that the sales team is mentored, coached, trained and equipped with the necessary tools to effectively sell the company's products and solutions.
- Represent Nuclera at industry events, conferences and trade shows, and build a strong brand presence in the market.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as marketing, finance, and operations, to ensure alignment and effective execution of business strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in the Life Sciences or related field; MBA, MS or PhD is a plus especially in Protein Science.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in sales and leadership roles in the life science industry, preferably in instrumentation.
- A demonstrated successful track record in pitching and completing deals with pharma, biotech and academia.
- Experience doing deals focused on a technology, preferably a life science tool, with multiple applications in big pharma, biotech, and other life sciences settings.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage client engagements, at all levels, to ensure delivery of value, and to expand use of a technology deeply and broadly throughout accounts
- Experience managing negotiations and communications on multiple contracts simultaneously or interfacing with highly matrixed multi-disciplinary teams to complete contract terms.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a sales team to achieve their goals.
- Ability to develop and implement effective sales strategies, and adjust them as necessary in response to market changes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze sales data and market trends to inform decision-making.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with customers, stakeholders, and internal teams.
- Experience in budget management and financial analysis, with the ability to manage the sales budget effectively.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills, with the ability to deliver compelling sales presentations.
- Ability to travel as necessary to meet with customers and attend industry events and trade shows.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in a biotechnology, engineering, or natural sciences field. Protein Science PhD will be a huge plus!
- Deep knowledge of the pharmaceutical life cycle – from drug discovery through drug development, and understanding of pain points such that they can be addressed with an applicable technology
- Capital equipment sales process experience in the life sciences market.
- Experience in a drug discovery, bio-pharmaceutical, or biotech environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative, with a high level of self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and compliance in early drug discovery in the biopharma industry.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced and dynamic work environment, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Incentive stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan
- 25-day annual holiday allowance