The associate sales representative is responsible for meeting sales goals and objectives in their assigned territory through the aggressive development, maintenance and enhancement of the Specialty Care portfolio of products. The associate sales representative will foster and safeguard customer loyalty by maintaining a strong consultative relationship with physicians, nurses and practice staff.
Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Exceed sales goals in assigned territory by influencing the prescribing habits of targeted health care professionals.
- Develop, strengthen and maintain trust-based relationships with key physicians, nurses and practice staff through a strategic sales process focused on the advancement of Specialty Care products.
- Effectively manage various stages of the sales cycle (territory management, prospecting, closing, etc.) to maintain control and momentum over the sales process.
- Provide training, education and superior customer service on the Specialty Care portfolio of products.
- Continually evaluate and monitor sales data to efficiently manage the business, meet sales goals and prioritize the needs of the customer promptly and effectively
- In assigned territory, maintain and expand the number of patients on census for Specialty Care therapies.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Specialty Care products by effectively communicating the appropriate clinical and technical features and benefits of the product to meet the specific needs of the clinician/patient.
- Develop and deliver convincing sales presentations focusing on individual clinician needs to maximize sales of the Specialty Care products.
- Work collaboratively and in a coordinated way with other Pentec Health associates in intake and clinical case management to maximize customer satisfaction and business results.
- This is a Field based position requiring up to 50% travel to include overnight travel.
- Additional duties may include but not be limited to the following:
- Participate in local and regional conferences and trade shows as appropriate.
- Assist and coordinate educational programs for our customers in a way that supports their clinical and organizational needs.
Non Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Perform other duties, special projects as assigned.
- Assist with expansion of the Specialty Care portfolio of products into new territories.
- Assist other divisions (e.g. Renal) with sales campaigns.
- Assist with the on the job training of new sales associates.
Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Highly driven for success with a positive attitude;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Demonstration of assertive negotiation and selling techniques;
- Detail oriented with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and follow-up skills;
- Ability to build positive relationships with both internal and external customers;
- Highly customer oriented;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and demands efficiently and effectively;
- Ability to take initiative and respond to constructive feedback;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to learn complex material and present it to current and prospective patients, medical and insurance professionals
- Previous experience in the urology industry
- Fluency in Russian language a plus but not required
Education, Certifications, Trainings:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid State Driver’s license with proof of state minimum vehicle insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (biology, chemistry, science or business)
- Two or more years of successful business to business sales experience, preferably in the urology industry
- Consistent track record of exceeding sales and performance objectives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to travel via car, train or plane, stand, sit, walk, see, hear, use hands and fingers regularly, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Pentec Health, Inc. is committed to maintaining workplaces that are free from illegal drugs, controlled substances, and/or alcohol.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.