The Scientific Liaison is a key field-based role that brings our MSA strategy to life for lab stakeholders and clinicians. You bring a scientific, technical lens to everything you do. You are the primary interface between your assigned Customer Area and the customer, effectively delivering knowledge to patients/clinicians/lab partners within your assigned geographic region.
You will work hand in hand with the technical-minded Scientific Partners and medical/clinical-minded Disease Area Partners to develop the technical and clinical focus for our integrated strategic medical plan for a given customer area leveraging external stakeholder generated insights/needs to ensure faster access with better outcomes for more patients. You will also facilitate and develop the relationships with key members of the medical/scientific community and laboratory organizations serving as a consistent liaison for these high value stakeholders. You may be called on by the Strategic Healthcare Partnerships team to share your insights, experiences, expertise, and connections to drive strategies to engage with key stakeholders in a deeper way.
While you may bring specialized and in-depth experience within a particular disease area to the team, you are also comfortable expanding that knowledge into adjacent areas as required as our priorities evolve. This role requires constant learning, the regular use of originality and ingenuity.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Bring field-based insights to all MSA team conversations
- Contribute field-based insights to integrated medical strategy plans with Scientific Partners and Disease Area Partners
- Deliver scientific exchange and educational solutions for clinicians and laboratorians that have a high impact for patient care, while creating efficiencies for Roche MSA, both in person and virtually as required
- Working with the Field Partner and Scientific Partners and other MSA stakeholders, create a tool box of educational tools for the relevant Customer Area so that no one is developing “one off” work. This may be traditional slide decks but you will also need to use less traditional educational tools (podcasts, social media)
- Develop a robust network outside of the company that can be strategically tapped for speakers, advocacy work, scientific insights
- Review outputs of internal partners for scientific/technical accuracy and patient centricity
- provide coaching and mentorship to Medical Scientific Associates, as assigned
- Your role involves both office work and significant field effort. You will be required to regularly collaborate with your Field Partner, Scientific Partners, Disease Area Partners, DANL, Strategic Healthcare Partners and others to prioritize where your efforts will have the biggest impact.
- Must maintain knowledge of applicable research and literature
- May respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved products or uses, or off-label information
Bachelor's Degree and 5+ years clinical/practice/industry experience OR Masters Level Degree in Science + 3 years of related clinical/practice/industry experience OR Doctorate level degree + 1 year of related clinical/practice/industry experience
Additional Preferred Requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships with Physicians, Nurses, Laboratory and other healthcare Professionals
- Ability to understand, interpret and present a wide range of scientific and medical topics
- Ability to lead, direct, influence and empower multi-discipline teams and individuals in a matrixed organization
- Ability to successfully interface with senior management (within and external to company) ∙ Capacity to manage conflict
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to develop and maintain deep relationships with thought leaders and customers
- Ability to quantify metrics
- Put Patients First: I always act as if patients I know are in the room and do what’s best for them
- Follow the science: I seek answers through experiments, data and debate, and act on facts
- Act as one team: I care, collaborate and commit without boundaries, and trust others to do their part
- Embrace differences: I seek diverse perspectives, invite opposing views, and challenge myself and others
- Accelerate learning: I push to learn new things even if difficult, and openly share my successes and failures
- Simplify radically: I eliminate complexity, reuse with pride, and accomplish more with less
- Make impact now: I take accountability to do what’s right, deliver value fast, and don’t wait for certainty
- Think long term: I choose actions today that benefit future generations
It is HIGLY preferred that the person in this role reside within or very closely adjacent to established territory. Relocation assistance will not be provided.
Who we are
At Roche, more than 100,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
As a global leader in healthcare, Roche Diagnostics offers a broad portfolio of products, tools and services that help in the prevention, diagnosis and management of diseases like HPV, HIV, hepatitis and diabetes as well as other medical conditions, such as fertility and blood coagulation. These products and services are used by researchers, physicians, patients, hospitals and laboratories worldwide to help improve people's lives.
Unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation under applicable law, employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with customer requirements, the company’s health and safety obligations and/or applicable law or guidelines.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in connection with the on-line application process, please email us at US.Accommodation@roche.com.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual's race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.