Territory Covers: The Woodlands, Shenandoah, Spring, Willis, Conroe, Huntsville, TX
Relocation is not offered for this role.
Ideally, candidate would live in The Woodlands or within a reasonable daily commuting distance. Ability to travel (drive and/or fly) frequently within territory is required.HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.SPECIALTY REPRESENTATIVE/SENIOR SPECIALTY REPRESENTATIVE
What You Will Do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be the connection to our customers by providing clinical knowledge of our products to medical professionals and helping them navigate the complex payer environment.
We are actively searching for a Specialty Representative or Senior Specialty Representative
to deliver on our commitment to serve patients. The Specialty Representative/Senior Specialty Representative acts as the primary customer contact and is responsible for implementing marketing strategy and promoting Amgen products as led by the District Manager.Responsibilities Include
- Provide current and comprehensive knowledge of Amgen's products and effectively communicate the clinical benefits to medical professionals to drive appropriate utilization of the products
- Perform as a sales leader to achieve territory sales by delivering branded sales messages, conducting planned programs, scheduling and following-up with medical educational programs, and achieving or exceeding sales targets through both in-person and virtual engagement
- Develop relationships to service and manage accounts which may include: customizing discussions and customer interactions based on understanding of customer needs, ensuring product access, resolving/triage reimbursement issues, and maintaining product contracts
- Provide feedback on marketing strategy, analyze business effectiveness of sales activities and territory analysis, and develop territory plans with the District Manager
- Partner with other colleagues to share best practices and seek to learn and grow as a Specialty Representative/Senior Specialty Representative
- Demonstrate passion for our products and sustain that passion through the entire sales cycle while always building our brand and never losing sight of how we serve patients
- Uphold Amgen Values: Be Science-Based; Compete Intensely and Win; Create Value for Patients, Staff, and Stockholders; Be Ethical; Trust and Respect Each Other; Ensure Quality; Work in Teams; Collaborate, Communicate, and Be Accountable
What We Expect Of You
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The sales professional we seek is a motivated individual with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications (Specialty Representative)
- Associate's degree and 4 years of Sales experience
Basic Qualifications (Senior Specialty Representative)
- High school diploma/GED and 6 years of Sales experience
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of sales experience
- Associate degree and 6 years of sales experience
- High school diploma/GED and 8 years of sales experience
This position is open to candidates of various backgrounds and experience levels. The role level/title will be chosen based on the candidates match to basic qualifications and level of experience required for this geography.
- Sales, marketing and/or clinical experience within pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics, healthcare insurance, pharmacy services, healthcare medical device or medical supply industries
- Some experience and/or pre-graduate sales training and/or proven track record of successful leadership under pressure preferred for Specialty Representative
- 3 years+ experience preferred for Senior Specialty Representative
- Product or hospital sales experience in the areas of oncology, cardiology, inflammation, nephrology, dermatology, rheumatology, neurology, endocrinology, hepatology, gastroenterology, bone health, respiratory, hematology, or infectious diseases; and the diseases and treatments involved with these specialties
- Advanced influencing and relationship-building skills with a focus on sales outcomes
- Local Market knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences or Business Administration
- Adaptability with our Core Competencies: Sales Planning and Organizing; Leveraging Business, Industry, and Technical Knowledge; Communicating with Impact; Driving for Results; and Cultivating Internal and External Relationships.
What You Can Expect Of Us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.The annual base salary range for the Specialty Representative opportunity in the U.S. is $88,553 - $110,926.
The annual base salary range for the Senior Specialty Representative opportunity is the U.S. is $114,924 - $140,032.
In Addition To The Base Salary, Amgen Offers a Total Rewards Plan Comprising Health And Welfare Plans For Staff And Eligible Dependents, Financial Plans With Opportunities To Save Towards Retirement Or Other Goals, Work/life Balance, And Career Development Opportunities Including
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including a Retirement and Savings Plan with generous company contributions, group medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
- A discretionary annual bonus program, or for field sales representatives, a sales-based incentive plan
- Stock-based long-term incentives
- Award-winning time-off plans and bi-annual company-wide shutdowns
- Flexible work models, including remote work arrangements, where possible
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancers, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.