The Sales Specialist plans, develops, and manages long-term relationships with target customer management teams as well as commercial initiatives to achieve or exceed sales targets. This includes development of strategies and plans that identify opportunities in a direct selling market. This position is a Boston based sales territory calling on hospitals to achieve annual sales targets and ensuring customer satisfaction through selling instruments and reagents.
Base Salary $125-130K + Quarterly Commission - total 1st year 200K+
Primary Responsibilities For Position
- Build strategic customer relationships to foster a long-term relationship that favors company's product offerings across local, regional, and nation levels within the IDN/HealthSystem.
- Identify account priorities from local Hospital and regional IDN interactions that translate into business strategies. Work with the field teams to develop appropriate strategy to meet customer priorities, including a long-term vision for the partnership with the account.
- Develop a detailed account plan/forecast and an operating calendar that serves as the basis for weekly activities for self, and the broader account team.
- Generate accurate monthly sales and accrual forecasts.
- Achieve 100% to plan of annual sales and operating income objectives within the product portfolio.
- Responsible for sales pipeline and forecast to close accuracy.
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Prior knowledge of target customers around defined territory.
- Must have a hunter mentality and experience working in a salary/commission-oriented environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Ability to manage sales pipeline and budgets.
- Laboratory/diagnostics experience preferred.
- Capital Equipment selling experience a must.
Bachelor’s Degree required
5 + years of documented success selling capital equipment within acute care hospital settings and IDNs as evidenced by documented rankings, awards, and commendations.