Regional Sales Manager (RSM):
Responsible for driving sales in a specified geographic Region, and/or as defined by specific sales channels. Primarily manages distributors but may manage spine specialist or direct sales representatives as required. Managing an average of 8 distributors or sales channels, the RSM role will be accountable to 1) hiring, developing, and managing distributors and sometimes directs 2) covering surgeries as needed 3) training and in-servicing distributors 4) conducting sales calls and sales events, in-services, dry labs, and product demonstrations for the surgeon, hospital, and nursing staff end users 5) identifying and executing sales business drivers consistent with the company’s product, and overall strategies 6) providing sales updates and sales forecasts as required 7) attend home office and regional sales meetings as required 8) work a minimum, full time 40 hour work week 9) initiate and/or participate in hospital contracting and RFPs 10) other duties as required. Requires a bachelor’s degree and 12 years direct sales experience in an applicable life sciences field. Legacy job title was Regional Vice President RVP.
Core Job Responsibilities
The sales team at Spinal Elements supports the organization by generating sales that meet or exceed corporate goals. Provide feedback from the field on requests and future needs of customers. Meet or exceed Regional sales goals and contribute to the overall sales team targets (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities (KSA)
The sales team must possess the following skills and demonstrate increasing proficiency in each area throughout their career development.
- Proven track record in sales
- Excellent communication, listening, and strong client relationship skills
- Mentor, teacher, and enthusiastic team building personality
- Responsible to reach sales quotas as determined by sales leadership
- Ability to assess issues and provide solutions to both internal and external customers
- Responsible for activities around driving sales to reach and exceed corporate goals.
- Develop annual sales plan with senior leadership team in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Partner with sales team to direct and coordinate implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Identify goals and needs/requirements of prospects and clients, including budgetary cycles/amounts and key decision makers.
- Meet and/or exceed regional targets and contribute to the overall online team targets (monthly, quarterly, and annual).
- Conduct account analysis and revenue forecast regularly.
- Builds, develops, and manages sales team within their region.
US Work Authorization required
This job operates in a corporate or home office setting. Frequently travels in cars, trains, or airplanes with visit to office and conferences. Overnight stays in hotels frequently required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Support positions in the sales department may require some very limited travel, which will be dependent on responsibilities and project requirements. The other positions within Sales will require extensive independent travel over 60 % of the time.
The anticipated base pay rate for this position is estimated to fall within the range below and is based on relatable industry experience. This position is also eligible to participate in a commission plan.