This role will report into the newly created Commercial - Rare Disease Team at ANI. The position requires performance driven individuals with strategic problem-solving skills and high business acumen that can work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have sales experience in rare disease AND in pulmonology. Experience launching a drug in a competitive space with a track record of market growth is desired.
Reporting to the ANI Rare Disease Area Business Director - Pulmonology, the Clinical Account Executive (CAE) will drive physician and patient identification, market development, and disease/ brand awareness for Cortrophin Gel within the assigned territory. A successful CAE will maintain a high level of knowledge within targeted disease states, product labeling, achieve territory sales targets and other business objectives through account and customer-specific strategies.
Activities include disease state education to referring HCPs, office readiness for patient starting therapy as well as coordination of multiple departments/stakeholders and ANI’s Rare Disease field-based reimbursement and medical support teams. Skills required include account management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving. Individuals must be flexible, and adaptable with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a commercial start-up. Candidates will be goal oriented and accountable for their individual performance, while acting in a professional and compliant manner. Cold calling on all targeted specialties is a requirement.
- Driving demand through clinical selling and education to referring and treating health care providers on Cortrophin Gel.
- Build and execute territory strategy and account specific plans to drive physician and patient identification, market development, and brand awareness in Pulmonology as well as continuously assess sales opportunities within markets and accounts to maintain and grow the business.
- Prioritize and manage resources, activities, and time to optimize access to and development of accounts with the most sales potential.
- Build individual account plans for key accounts and physicians, including how to approach those customers, and how to maximize sales results.
- Build and maintain relationships with physicians by maximizing their time through pre-call planning, leveraging insights to customize a call plan, and conduct post-call analysis to continually refine and enhance their approach.
- Collaboration with members of the Cortrophin brand team, and facilitating appropriate collaboration with other functions, such as MSLs, Market Access team, patient HUB and other internal stakeholders, to help ensure access and that logistics are in place to ensure patients can benefit from Cortrophin Gel.
- Partner externally with key accounts and physicians to drive patient identification through market development and physician education; develop a territory strategy to retain customers.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and compliance.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends, as needed, for physician or patient events (both in person and virtual).
- Depending on geography, must have the ability to manage a multi-state territory with diverse customer base.
- Overnight travel is required and will range from 40%- 60% depending on the geography and business needs of the individual territory.
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in business or science preferred.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in rare disease or specialty pharmaceutical sales .
- Extensive experience calling on Pulmonologists is strongly preferred.
- Product launch experience is a plus, including a working knowledge of government and commercial payers.
- Understanding and experience working with in-house patient support services required.
- Familiarity with relevant legal and regulatory pharmaceutical industry requirements.
- Experience leading and executing territory-level business planning activities.
- Understanding of patient services and specialty channel distribution preferred.
- Driver's license required, with ability to travel 50%+ as needed, with occasional overnight travel as required.
ANI Pharmaceuticals is an integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on delivering value to our customers by developing, manufacturing, and marketing high quality branded and generic prescription pharmaceuticals. Our objective is to create long term shareholder value by building a sustainable and growing base business in generic and mature brand pharmaceutical products while advancing an opportunity to re-commercialize Purified Cortrophin™ Gel. We focus on niche and high barrier to entry opportunities including controlled substances, anti-cancer (oncolytics), hormones and steroids, and complex formulations. Our two pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities located in Baudette, Minnesota are capable of producing oral solid dose products, as well as liquids and topicals, controlled substances, and potent products that must be manufactured in a fully-contained environment.
Powered by JazzHR