Lexicon Pharmaceuticals is currently searching for a highly motivated, results focused Cardiovascular Sales Specialist for our Charlottesville, Virginia
territory. You will be expected to deliver sales results to support our Cardiovascular Product launch. You also be expected to execute our brand strategy by engaging both institutional and office-based customers while demonstrating our corporate values of Integrity, Innovation, Respect, Transparency and Ownership.
This position will be based in the Charlottesville territory.
This position will act as an integral member of our Commercial Sales team and is responsible for delivering sales results for our Cardiovascular product launch.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- This direct customer-facing role will be responsible for executing our brand and sales strategy to effectively demonstrate our product value to key institutional and office-based customers
- Leveraging your knowledge and expertise of local market trends, institutions, and key customers to optimize our national strategy to drive business results at the territory level
- Developing strategic customer relationships with Cardiologists, Hospitalists, Heart Failure Specialists, as well as P&T Committee members
- Working cross-collaboratively with Field Medical, Market Access, Marketing and other partners
- Utilizing internal resources, such as market data and analysis to shape territory business plans in order to drive business results and impact patients
- Responsible for using our internal systems to work through call planning and record call activity
- Identifying and seizing opportunities to build organizational efficiency and process improvements to positively impact business results
- Accountability for all systems and reporting requirements, including call reporting
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Pharma sales experience.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ Specialty Sales experience in Cardiology calling on hospitals and office-based cardiovascular customers is required.
- Previous pharmaceutical product launch experience is strongly preferred
- Proven track record of sales results, commitment to performance excellence
- Ability to develop long-term strategic relationships with customers aimed at helping patients and achieving business results
- Strong attention to detail regarding call planning and reporting
- Ability to work collaboratively across the matrix organization
For additional information about Lexicon and its programs, please visit www.lexpharma.com .
Lexicon requires all field-based new hires to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine as of the first date of employment, except where such requirement is prohibited by law. Alternatively, Lexicon will consider requests for reasonable accommodation based on medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs. New hires will be required to upload proof of vaccination status on their first day of employment.
Lexicon is a biopharmaceutical company with a mission of pioneering medicines that transform patients’ lives. Through our Genome5000™ program, Lexicon scientists studied the role and function of nearly 5,000 genes and identified more than 100 protein targets with significant therapeutic potential in a range of diseases. Through the precise targeting of these proteins, Lexicon is pioneering the discovery and development of innovative medicines to safely and effectively treat disease. Lexicon advanced one of these medicines to market and has a pipeline of promising drug candidates in discovery and clinical and preclinical development in neuropathic pain, heart failure, diabetes and metabolism and other indications.
We have offices in The Woodlands, Texas and Basking Ridge, New Jersey. Lexicon employees are inspired by the idea that their work can improve patients' lives and we know that our employees are essential to the success of our mission. We are dedicated to making Lexicon a great place to work by providing employees with the benefits, services, and programs which will allow them to reach their full potential.
Lexicon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test, background check and verification of credentials before beginning employment.