Johnson & Johnson Medtech (JJMT) is a lead player in MedTech sector in Canada with innovations across multiple surgical areas. Most Canadian hospitals and other healthcare facilities use JJMT innovations, to deliver unmatched patient outcomes every day.
Strategic Customer Group (SCG) of JJMT is responsible for driving strategic initiatives and revenue growth from a select range of the largest institutional customers in Canada. As part of Strategic Customer Group, the Corporate Account Director (CAD) holds a senior-level leadership role within the organization. The Director is responsible for executing long-term corporate strategies, influencing the external healthcare environment on JJMT agendas and for accelerating cross-franchise strategic business growth, within their region. The CAD provides regional healthcare insights, trends, risks, and opportunities to leaders of JJMT Canada and shapes regional growth and investment strategies and mitigates business risks.
The CAD is responsible for establishing and strengthening trust with high-level stakeholders of the local healthcare system including C-suite leaders at large hospitals and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs), Patient Advocacy Groups, and Health agencies. CAD influences and shapes areas where J&J has interests and coordinates across J&J enterprise for wider impact. This role is responsible for shaping and influencing the local healthcare environment, in conjunction and collaboration with Government Affairs and Policy (GA&P), & Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) functions to enable faster adoption of innovations and shift the focus of public procurement towards health and economic outcomes for patients
The CAD focuses on driving growth and leading the position of J&J Medtech by leveraging external channel capabilities, identifying newer growth opportunities, such as non-hospital surgical centers, within the region. The CAD collaborates with all business units to build and lead strategies to win.
Additionally, the CAD leads and develops a team of 1-3 Strategic Account Managers (SAMs), who play a critical role in driving revenue growth and building strong relationships with customers. Together, the CAD and the SAMswork towards achieving the goals of the Strategic Customer Group, ultimately driving JJMT’s success in the Canadian market.
C: Major Responsibilities:
- Provide JJMT leaders with key insights into the provincial healthcare environment, including risks, opportunities and reimbursements issues.. Identifies major policy shifts and guide long-term strategies, regional investments, and risk mitigation.
- Shape and influence regional healthcare procurement by advocating for a focus on health and economic outcomes from JJMTC innovations. Drive the adoption of innovative digital med-technologies such as robotics, automation, and virtual care while ensuring compliance with data regulations.
- Build relationships with a broad range of external healthcare stakeholders, including hospital executives, professional associations, and other healthcare leaders.
- Accelerate the adoption of CareAdvantage or other strategic health system solutions, to give JJMT a competitive edge in regional markets.
- Shape the provincial procurement landscape to ensure sustainable competitive advantage, innovative procurement policies, and innovation adoption.
- Lead Strategic account ownership and collaborate with JJMT Sales, Marketing, and Finance teams to develop and manage business plans at top 4-6 hospitals.
- Design comprehensive market access strategies, for innovations that lack funding in alignment with Government Affairs & Policy Director & Health Economics & Market Access functions
- Assist in the development of new business models through insight generation, financial modeling, legal alignment, and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead cross-functional projects related to strategic growth imperatives, major impact events, adoption of clinical and operational efficiency solutions, and new commercial growth areas
- Establishe J&J thought leadership by representing the company at public forums and industry associations, in areas of strategic focus.
- Lead, coach and develop a team of Strategic Customer Managers.
Experiences And Skills
- Corporate Account Directors need a minimum of 10 years of sales or business development experience, preferably in Medtech.. Market access experience is a plus..
- Demonstrated success in influencing healthcare or Medtech environment with strong relationships with C-suite across various stakeholders
- At least 5 years of people leadership experience
- Must have a deep understanding of Canadian and regional healthcare system, procurement landscape, payment pathways, digital asset adoption, and relevant regulations.
: English. French proficiency is beneficial.
E. Competency Profile
- Ability to translate healthcare environment knowledge into effective and executable commercial strategies.
- P&L and budget management
Shaper / Implements positive Change
- Recognize and communicates the need for change, embracing non-traditional ideas and practices
- Relationship building and influencing skills (internal and external)
- Strong and effective executive communication skills
- Engage in constructive conflict to drive the change process
- Forge a vision of the future by clearly understanding emerging opportunities and risks
- Drives change internally to deliver a superior customer experience
- Quickly adapt from one business dynamic to another to properly support all franchises’ business models and imperatives
- Ability to adapt the approach to a vast variety of customers (hospitals, procurement, non-acute care channels etc.)
- Demonstrate the ability to grow relationships over the long term, especially at leadership and C-suites
- Support commercial teams through engagement on key regional initiatives
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment is preferred
- Thinks analytically and acts decisively, thriving in uncertain circumstances, knowing when to act and when to wait
- Builds consensus and impacts outcomes with limited authority
- Creates ongoing value for customers and JJMT, using customer-perceived value as a key criterion for the design and implementation of value propositions
- Focuses externally, analyzing market forces and market access dynamics to position JJMT to better capitalize on business opportunities
- Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups facilitating the achievement of win/win solutions among a variety of stakeholders
F. Other, Desirable
- Strong presentation skills
- Up to 20% domestic travel
- Volunteering experience at patient advocacy groups, non-profit Board level experience
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees to have the opportunity to achieve their potential .
NA-Canada, NA-CA-Ontario, NA-CA-Quebec
7694-Johnson & Johnson Canada Inc. Legal Entity
: University degree (business or science). MBA an asset