From Intake to Outcomes, CareMetx
is dedicated to supporting the patient journey by providing hub services, innovative technology, and decision-making data to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device innovators. CareMetx is a growing organization that has developed an industry leading patient access platform coupled with our service center team. The blend of technology and services is core to our offering for pharmaceutical manufacturers.
In depth knowledge of Specialty Pharmacy, HUB services or Pharma highly preferred
Job Title: Vice President, Sales
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
The Vice President of Sales will play a critical role in the Sales department. Specifically, the VP, Sales will motivate, inspire, and create new patient services revenue opportunities in the US. This hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves” position requires a high-energy, well-rounded sales leader who can contribute to growing a sales team while effectively pursuing new business opportunities. The VPBD will lead our large size deals in collaboration with marketing and customer success teams. Along with identifying and developing new sales opportunities, you will have a deep understanding in operating/contributing to a high-performance sales team including lead generation and qualification, pipeline and opportunity management, proposal and presentation best practices, and managing overall opportunities from qualification to close. He/she is a leader who is responsible for maintaining and expanding business opportunities with potential clients. They must understand Reimbursement HUB center operations, the specialty pharmacy marketplace and related services provided.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
- Excellent communicator — can motivate, support and lead staff; Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Can develop and manage multi-million-dollar sales opportunities
- Specific understanding of pharmaceutical commercialization departments focused on Patient Services, Brand Marketing and Market Access.
- Client Relationship Development with pre-existing relationships within the commercial departments of biopharma manufacturers.
- Outline specific strategies to pursue new clients and brands.
- Understand competitive market conditions and forecast trends.
- Research and understand client needs, product offerings, competitive threats and most significant issues and challenges.
- Understand how to position a platform model sales to biopharma customers.
- Deliver presentations to key stakeholders.
- Rigorous follow-up with key stakeholders to determine status of business and communicate status updates internally.
- Identify revenue opportunities within the framework of the organization-wide strategy.
- Travel required for client visits, industry conferences and product training
Education And Experience
- BS/BA in business, healthcare, computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software, patient services, brand agency or other related areas.
- Documented track record of selling large, enterprise-wide, complex technology and service deals
- Documented record of meeting and exceeding multi-million-dollar annual quota
- 10-15 years of experience in sales of healthcare enterprise software
- College degree required; Masters degree preferred or equivalent work experience
Minimum Skills And Requirements
- 10-15 years’ experience in a Specialty Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical and HUB Services
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Must have demonstrated leadership and organization skills.
- Ability to drive strategic partnerships by relating to client needs and producing creative and innovative solutions.
- Must be able to work as an effective leader and collaborative team member.
- Must have knowledge of current best practices in all aspects of strategic corporate and integrated operations
- Ability to remain seated in a stationary position for prolonged periods
- No heavy lifting is expected, though occasional exertion of about 20 lbs. of force (e.g., picking up and computer / laptops) may be required
- Good manual dexterity required to use common office equipment (e.g., computers, laptop, and mobile devices)
- Overnight business travel required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be flexible on schedule and hours
- Significant travel may be required.
considers equivalent combinations of experience and education for most jobs. All candidates who believe they possess equivalent experience and education are encouraged to apply.
we work hard, we believe in what we do, and we want to be a company that does right by our employees. Our niche industry is an integral player in getting specialty products and devices to the patients who need them by managing reimbursements for those products, identifying alternative funding when insurers do not pay, and providing clinical services.
is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.