RESILIENCE is seeking a talented Director, Sales Business Development, Biologics - West coast who will responsible for growing the Biologics manufacturing business on the West Coast. This position is accountable for results in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to drive sales volume and profitable revenue for the Biologics & Vaccines Franchise specifically for Drug Substance Manufacturing at the West Coast sites for clinical to late phase and commercial supply. The role is responsible for building an active funnel of new client relationships and open opportunities to facilitate continuous business generation. Ability to generate new clinical and commercial manufacturing prospects, with demonstrated ability to maintain and grow strategic customer relationships within small to mid sized pharma and biotech companies. Position responsibilities include use of business and technical knowledge and experience to drive leads and grow accounts for the Biologics & Vaccines Franchise.
- Plans and implements sales & business development strategy for the US based Biologics business within the Biologics & Vaccines Franchise, including acquisition and management of business from small-mid-large sized Pharma and biotech companies. Cultivation of new and existing relationships, identifying opportunities and new business development skills are critical.
- Works with inside sales and the Strategic team to research, identify and develop new clinical and commercial manufacturing lead prospects from multiple sources including leveraging personal networks, utilization of lead generation platforms, marketing and email campaigns and inbound web leads.
- Represents Resilience by attending trade shows and conferences and maintaining active membership and participation in industry member groups and events. Speaking opportunities are a plus.
- Owns lead generation and conversion for early / late clinical phase and commercial manufacturing programs within the Biologics business through the full sales process from prospect identification to close of business. Includes lead generation, proposal value proposition and pricing creation, follow-up on proposal, terms and conditions/contracting, and negotiations.
- Knowledgeable and collaborates closely with Sales and Business Development within the Biologics Franchise and with other Franchises to generate leads and grow new business.
- Serves as a subject-matter-expert for Biologics manufacturing offerings and coaches and mentors less experienced Sales and Business Development colleagues.
- Owns the customer relationship for Biologics; maintains and drives continuous improvement and communicates customer needs internally. Collaborates internally and externally to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Works closely with Commercial Development to ensure deals are in-line with the needs of the West Coast manufacturing sites.
- Accountable for deal closure and driving account strategy.
- Drives year on year growth of new business from existing and new accounts within their region.
- Maintains accurate customer data and updates to salesforce. Generates call summaries as they occur and monthly reports on activity, metrics, sales targets or forecasts.
- Assists in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace, internally. Monitors and reports on market and competitor activities and provides relevant reports and information, internally.
- Collaborates with Marketing to request and design specific marketing campaigns to meet the business goals and analyze inbound marketing data/trends to drive new business.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related life sciences / engineering field (Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, etc) required. Advanced degree and/or extensive business experience preferred.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in sales and business development, project management, contract management, or development and manufacturing experience required.
- Experience in contract negotiations for clinical and/or commercial manufacturing supply agreements
- Experience in Biologics development and manufacturing preferred
- Prior CDMO external sales, account management or business development experience preferred
- This position may be filled at a more senior level depending on experience
Resilience offers employees a robust total rewards program including equity, an annual cash bonus program, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and our benefits package which is thoughtfully designed to support our employees with great healthcare (including medical, dental and vision), family building benefits, life and disability insurance, flexible time off, paid holidays, other paid leaves of absence, tuition reimbursement and support for caregiving needs.
Our target annualized base pay hiring range for this position is $180,000.00 - $232,500.00. Actual base pay is dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited, the candidate’s geographical location, relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge. Excited about Resilience and the bio-manufacturing revolution? We encourage you to apply and start a conversation with one of our recruiters.