For six decades, we’ve been working to advance cardiovascular health by transforming the standard of care and bringing innovation to areas of high unmet need. CVD is the #1 cause of death worldwide. In fact, CVD is responsible for more deaths than all cancers combined. And after a decade of decline, the number of deaths is on the rise again. Evidence suggests the pandemic led to the worsening of CV outcomes.
This burden is likely to escalate and overwhelm society if we do not make significant changes to curtail the rising incidence. ASCVD accounts for 85% of CVD deaths and addressing key risk factors – such as elevated LDL-C and Lp(a) – can reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke.
The Director, System Accounts, Cardiovascular – New York City geography is a remote field-based role that covers the following cities, but not limited to: New York City and Long Island. The individual must live within the geography and must be near major metropolitan airport; Travel is required, and potentially on short notice.
The Director, System Accounts is accountable for the creation and execution of the business strategy for a defined set of accounts for the Cardiovascular portfolio. This role orchestrates cross-functionally (e.g., Sales, Medical, Market Access and PSS functions) in a non-reporting relationship, and reports into the Executive Director, System Accounts.
The Director System Accounts builds deep understanding of customers and key stakeholders and uses this knowledge to design promotional strategies that drive formulary adoption, protocol development, sales volume, market share, and profitability. They ensure all activities are in the best interest of the patients we serve, and that appropriate positioning of approved new products and services responds to customers’ needs. This role builds and maintains key business relationships with C & D suite personnel, in partnership with other functions and they optimize business results for the Novartis Cardiovascular portfolio with assigned accounts.
The Director, System Accounts, is well versed in the following areas: Clinical Selling, Account Selling, Access Navigation, Problem Solving, Team Orchestration / Collaboration, and Omni-Channel Engagement.
The Director, System Accounts is the face of Novartis for our customers. Successful candidates in this role are highly proficient in facilitating a clinical dialogue that compels the customers to act on behalf of their patients, at scale within target accounts or systems. They build deep understanding of the entire account or system to appropriately address their key stakeholder’s unique needs and business objectives.
This role will have a strong focus and understanding of the customer, the external environment, competition, local market, and industry. The role excels in problem solving, influencing, and adapting to their customer’s needs to provide impact.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Beyond the expected priority of calling on key customers to drive demand of their assigned products, other responsibilities for the Director, System Accounts, include the following:
- Responsible for enabling agile adoption at scale within the entire account/system, including, overall demand and business performance (sales) – (e.g., health system, affiliated hospital, HOPD, outpatient),
- Owns (defines, creates, updates, measures) commercial strategic plan for the priority account, including objectives related to reach and frequency, key messages related to path to acquisition
- Coordinates with other functions as needed (PSS, Market Access, Medical) to compliantly execute against commercial strategic plan
- Serves as primary point of contact for the account and is knowledgeable of the status of all activities within the account, to the extent permitted by existing Novartis medical/commercial collaboration policies
- Accountable for guiding all relevant TA sales teams and/or directly generating demand within the system, set expectations for success, track progress
- Accountable for identification and education of key influencers within the system/account
- Identification of shared priorities and triage to appropriate Novartis stakeholder for follow-up, if needed
- Conducts internal quarterly business review on account performance to align all commercial functions and measure success
Customer-facing roles only:
While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.email@example.com.
Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $192,000 to $288,000; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.EEO Statement
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What You’ll Bring to the Role:
Bachelor’s degree in related field, MBA or Advanced degree Preferred
- Minimum 10 years pharmaceutical, biotech, or healthcare industry experience and 5 years total experience in Key Account Management, Reimbursement, and/or Sales Management required
- Proven track record of 3+ years in managing complex accounts including large academic centers with account management experience required
- 3+ years of Cardiology experience strongly preferred
- Experience calling on assigned accounts strong preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority, need to be able to drive through execution across multiple functions and with customers
- Strong analytical and decision-making capabilities, with the ability to analyze data for insights and adjust strategy
- Ability to travel 75% or more, over a broad geography is required – with the ability to drive and/or fly to assigned accounts and affiliates.
- No relocation available.
- This is a remote position covering key priority accounts in the assigned region. Candidate is preferred to be based within that region.
- At least 2 different types of cross-functional roles/experience (Marketing, Medical, Market Access and Reimbursement and/or Sales Leadership) preferred
766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: Individuals in need of a reasonable accommodation due to a medical condition or disability for any part of the application process, or to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 (877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Field roles with a dedicated training period only:
The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.Division
New York, NYCompany/Legal Entity
Novartis PharmaceuticalsFunctional Area
Full TimeEmployment Type