Coloplast is offering an exciting opportunity for individuals with foundational sales experience to break into the medical device industry!
The Associate Territory Manager (ATM) will join our Wound & Skin Care business, which manufactures and markets products that are designed to prevent and manage skin conditions and chronic wounds, such as pressure injuries and leg ulcers. Our customers are hospital systems and other care settings where we engage with decision makers such as WOC nurses, Infection Prevention Nurses, and Supply Chain Managers.
Job Function Summary
The ATM will be responsible for educating health care providers on the proper use of Coloplast products, programs, and resources. This education will be provided in the form of in-servicing staff within the specified Home Health Agency and Acute Care facility combined with educational support material such as brochures, posters, demonstration kits, and other customized material to meet the needs of the customer. Preparation for education including, but not limited to, building folders/packets, ordering materials, assembly of product kits for ‘hands-on’ skills, scheduling, and confirmation of in-services. Assistance with selling and moving the sales process forward within supported accounts. This position reports directly to the Regional Sales Director, and will support the needs of the region.
The ATM position was developed as an opportunity for an employee to build upon the competencies required to promote into a Territory Manager position within two years. With this intent, it is expected that candidates for the Associate Territory Manager position are open to relocation within a two-year period.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Able to communicate product concepts and attributes to an audience of various backgrounds and specialties
- Has a confident, engaging speaking style and comfortable with both one-on-one communications and groups
- Strong passion to teach or educate others and can vary approach depending on the individual or group
- Relays information to the TMs, RM and SAMs to help support the sales process
- Understands when he/she needs to involve others on the team for support and guidance
Customer Service & Selling Skills
- Understands importance of listening to customers and probing for more information to clearly understand their perspective
- Strong desire to meet customer needs and demonstrates ability to be responsive regardless of time of day or other demands
- Can communicate a strong belief in a product
- Retain and support business within current customer base by identifying opportunities and expanding appropriate product use
- Has a basic understand of how to influence others and develop relationships
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships that lead to high levels of customer satisfaction and new opportunities
- Build trust with both internal and external customers to move the business forward
- Become an integral part of the sales region and broader support team to support region sales goals and company mission
Clinical & Product Knowledge
- Develops and maintains a high level of product knowledge along with clinical support data.
- Leverages product knowledge to educate customer base on proper use of products leading to increased use and improved outcomes.
- Understands and can teach audience how to access product during episode of care and once patient is discharged
- Develops an understanding of competitive products and proper positioning of Coloplast products.
- Organize and manage information utilizing Salesforce or related tool as directed
- Maintains current records and administrative duties as required.
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum 1 year of sales, marketing, or business experience
- Experienced in interpersonal and customer service skills
- High attention for detail and follow through
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Ability to work independently, high initiative and results orientation
- Track record of demonstrating responsibility and good decision making
- Ability to travel overnight (50-75%)
- Relocatable within a two-year timeframe
- Must be available to work days/nights/weekends as needed for conversions/in-services
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as driving will be required for this position
- Employees in this role are expected to meet healthcare customers in person at their facilities or healthcare systems; therefore, this will require completion of credentialing requirements that meet the access requirements of each healthcare facility or system
- Unless a religious or medical exemption is applied for and granted, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, meaning that 14 days have passed since they received the last shot, and maintain the effectiveness of their vaccination (e.g., obtain booster vaccinations) as may be required to maintain access to healthcare facilities or systems.
At Coloplast, we are committed to supporting the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees. We believe that a comprehensive benefits package is essential for holistic wellbeing and satisfactory employee experience. An example of some of the benefits included with this position
- Company car or monthly vehicle allowance
- Comprehensive medical plan options
- 22 days of Paid Time Off / Paid Company & Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave for birth or adoption
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) match
- …and many more!
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 14,000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.
Visit us on Coloplast.com .
Watch the film. Follow us on LinkedIn . Like us on Facebook .
Coloplast is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) which means we employ and promote individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, status with regards to public assistance or any other protected classification.