The Wound and Skin Care Territory Manager is responsible for achieving territory sales objectives through selling activities which include cultivating business partnerships with key decision makers, product in-services, driving market share and sales growth. The Territory Manager will target acute care customers by selling and servicing Coloplast's portfolio of wound and skin care product lines.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Able to develop and execute on sound account level strategies.
- Able to analyze and interpret multiple sources of data when accessing sales and customer performance.
- Can position Coloplast value proposition to customer’s financial value drivers beyond Price.
- Can create a basic spreadsheet; using formulas, formatting, sorting, etc. in order to efficiently and effectively analyze customer spend and usage data.
- Knowledgeable of competitive activity and sales volume in each targeted account
- Critically think and build questions to uncover unrecognized problems or needs.
- Able to position products to specific situations, matching it to patient, clinician, and account needs.
- Able to create consensus from multiple stakeholders in an account.
- Can communicate, with impact, in individual and group settings; using verbal and/or visual platforms; such as Powerpoint, ShowPad, etc.
- Plans daily call routine to ensure appropriate coverage of key accounts given sales time allocation, sales potential, geographical location, development of sales process, etc.
- Develop and maintain long-term business relationships that lead to stable or increasing use of products within target accounts.
- Demonstrable ability to build trust with stakeholders and be viewed as a resource for the account.
Clinical Knowledge and Self Development
- Clear ability to communicate clinical and technical product knowledge; can make the complex simple.
- Strong understanding of competitive activity and products as well as knowing current market trends and industry information.
- Proactively reads industry journals and articles to remain current on clinical practices.
- Viewed as an active learner; constantly seeking new and progressive techniques, through multiple platforms, to improve their skills.
- Organize and manage information utilizing CRM tool as directed.
- Maintains current records and administrative duties, including sales reporting and expense management.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 3 years of successful sales experience in the medical field strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel, including overnight -- 25% - 50%
- Candidates must possess a valid driver’s license as driving is a requirement for this position.
- Employees in this role are expected to meet healthcare customers in person at their facilities or healthcare systems; therefore, this will require completion of credentialing requirements that meet the access requirements of each healthcare facility or system.
- Unless a religious or medical exemption is applied for and granted, employees in this role are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19, meaning that 14 days have passed since they received the last shot, and maintain the effectiveness of their vaccination (e.g., obtain booster vaccinations) as may be required to maintain access to healthcare facilities or systems.
Required Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Behavior consistent with the Coloplast Mission, Vision and Values.
- Personally motivated to overachieve.
- Is genuinely interested in the customer; that interest, subsequently inspires effective questioning.
- Regularly needs to see results of efforts compared to peers and competitors.
- Self-starter who can navigate through a sales process with limited account information and minimal guidance.
Pursuing an ambitious growth agenda, Coloplast develops and markets products and services that make life easier for people with intimate healthcare needs. Employing about 14,000 people and with products available in more than 143 countries, we are one of the world´s leading medical device companies. We are constantly growing our business and always looking for new ways to move forward – we explore, learn and look for new ways of doing things.
Visit us on Coloplast.com .
Watch the film. Follow us on LinkedIn . Like us on Facebook .
Coloplast is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) which means we employ and promote individuals based on their merits, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, status with regards to public assistance or any other protected classification.