Valent USA is looking for a Regional Account Manager to join our team remotely based out of Arizona, Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, or California.
Valent U.S.A. LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Sumitomo Chemical Company, Limited, engages in the development, registration, sales, and marketing of integrated technological solutions for crop production and pest management that deliver value for our customers and stakeholders. A leading crop protection firm serving the agricultural and non-crop products markets in North America, Valent products help growers produce safe and abundant food and fiber crops, and horticultural professionals improve the quality of life for their customers. The corporate motto, Products That Work, From People Who Care®, describes the company's business philosophy. Valent seeks out and provides customers with innovative and effective solutions to their production challenges. Our vision is to be the best company delivering integrated solutions of biorational and traditional crop protection solutions to our customers. Valent is dedicated to creating a world that is healthier and more comfortable, and that has a sustainable abundance of quality, affordable food, helping crops to be the ultimate renewable resource.
The purpose of this position is to lead in the development and servicing of field management for Distributor and Independent Retail Accounts and establishes and maintains preferred vendor status for these accounts. Studies marketing information on retail and wholesale buying centers and/or chain store locations to determine additional sales needs. Ensures timely statistical analysis to sales & marketing management for use as a planning guide resulting in optimal sales execution and attainment of growth objectives. Effectively leads the designated sales team by developing Sales employees to increase sales skills and efficiencies to drive on the ground sales. Focus is on sales staff development, customer performance and on the ground sales.
- Lead in development, maintenance and management of professional relationships with key field personnel of designated Distributor Accounts. Drive new business opportunities by formulating, presenting, implementing and managing new business proposals as well as leveraging current projects with Accounts. Monitor customer feedback and develop solutions for prompt resolution of local Account issues with the National Account Management Team. Manage communications between Accounts and Valent to ensure timely and effective dissemination of key Account and Valent information, keeping Valent Regional Managers, Account Management Team, Sales Directors and Senior Leadership Team updated. Accountable for all aspects of customer satisfaction for assigned Accounts within designated portfolio.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for assigned key accounts inclusive of the Valent channel segmentation strategy.
- Prioritize and initiate direct sales calls with assigned key accounts.
- Responsible for analysis and tracking of key metrics to monitor overall key account performance versus contractual agreements and sales goals.
- Communicate and ensure understanding of Valent prices, terms and programs to assigned key Accounts.
- Partner closely with Sales and Marketing Management to ensure both teams are aligned of all key Account activity, customer strategy, and business-impacting events.
- Lead in Development of Regional Sales staff to maximize personal performance
- Communicate final program-earnings analyses, reports and payments to assigned key Accounts.
- Lead Sales in accomplishing Regional financial objective by maximizing sales and managing expenses.
- Focus sales activities & call frequency to maximize Regional sales opportunity by actively calling on middle tiers of Regional and National Distribution.
- Lead the process of formulating and presenting business proposals and account-support strategies to assigned key Accounts.
- Protect existing account revenue and identify additional revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate sales activities, goals, tactics, and negotiate with procurement department for assigned key accounts.
- Proactive in identifying and addressing potential customer needs and concerns.
- Communicate and coordinate customer needs to regional managers, marketing,supply-chain and sales management.
- Assist in the development of a customer strategic plan and communicate to Valent Sales and Marketing Management.
- Provide preliminary & final program earnings, analysis, reports and payments to key distribution & retail accounts within region.
- Prioritize and conduct on-site customer visits as needed and maintain frequent telephone contact with Regional Retail & Distribution Accounts key personnel to maintain customer support and satisfaction.
- Lead a team of sales people and help them develop through training programs and personal evaluation.
- Implement and monitor sales strategies and tactics that will be developed by Regional managers and Sales Unit Directors.
- Forecast needs of regional sales area for current year and upcoming year to Sales Unit Director.
- Develop Regional Sales plans that will meet regional objectives and utilize sales representative’s territory plans.
- Evaluate and maintain sales representative administrative duties for management.
- Determine territorial coverage and alterations.
- Communicate customer feedback and needs to Sales Unit Director.
- Gather & report all knowledge of market intelligence and competitive intelligence to the Sales Unit Director.
- Supervise and evaluate sales and administrative personnel in assigned region.
- Typically a BA, MBA, or equivalent, with 10–12 years of related experience and 8–10 years of progressive management experience
- Building and maintaining relationships
- Initiative, persuasion, judgment, decision-making, diplomacy.
- Integrity, leadership
- Problem solving, analyzing customers
- Oral, written, and group communication skills
- Coaching and counseling
- Central Business Systems (i.e., Everest, JD Edwards, CRM) and Microsoft Office Systems proficiency