Who we are—
Transcat is a dynamic, innovative, growing company that has been recognized as the leading calibration and compliance services provider in North America and beyond. With over 1,000 employees—in technical, consulting, operational, sales, finance, and corporate roles—we have stood the test of time by delivering on our Trust in Every Measure promise to our customers in vital industries, including life sciences, aerospace, defense, energy, and utilities. We fulfill this promise through our employees, who live Our Values every day, the Transcat Way. Our employees are at the center of the rewarding, challenging, and life-changing work we do for our customers and those they serve. Are you ready to join a company where the work you do makes a difference, and where you can grow in your career?
Here’s what Transcat has to offer—
- Work that matters
- A values-based culture where people care about each other and the work they do together
- Training and development to accelerate learning and career advancement
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, tuition reimbursement, retirement, stock purchase plan, and MORE!
Field Service Calibration Technician will be able to calibrate pipettes, as well as scales/balances, centrifuges, or various temperature devices. Training will be provided, and technicians are expected to learn the skills and processes necessary to perform calibration work within the lab environment
A Field Service Calibration Technician will be expected to perform the following:
- Will work with management and other technicians within the lab to learn pipette calibration fundamentals, working to produce calibrations using the systems and SOPs we have in place
- Learn fundamental calibration techniques and processes
- Develop skills necessary to perform calibrations independently
- Develop skills necessary to produce calibrations at a specified rate
- Maintain calibration standards
- Must be able to perform these functions within a laboratory setting and/or supervised customer on-site
- Will be required to perform on-site calibration, certification, and maintenance services on specific lab equipment at client/customer locations including interfacing with customers in person, via email, or phone
- Equipment includes pipettes, bottle top dispensers, scales, balances, centrifuges, and temperature calibrations
- Other duties as assigned
- Mixture of local day trips, overnights and out of state
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be considered for pipette technician, the following knowledge, skills, and abilities are preferred:
- Ability to learn new skills regarding calibration and calibration processes
- Previous laboratory experience is preferred but not required
- Basic mathematical skills including algebra, geometry, and statistics
- Familiarity with basic tools
- Proficiency with office computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Basic organizational and time management skills
Education and Experience:
This position does not require any formal education however a two-year college degree or equivalent military experience is preferred.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle tools and equipment
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and/or sit for long periods of time
- Occasionally will be required to lift upwards of 75lbs
Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination
Transcatis an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of any protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, domestic violence victim status, gender identity, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or as a member of any other protected group or activity.
We will make reasonable accommodations for personal with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of this position unless to do so poses an undue hardship on the organization or a direct threat to health or safety reasonably accommodate individuals to perform the essential functions of this position.