The Territory Manager is an entrepreneurial, missionary “hunter” sales opportunity to build a business with an exciting new technology. This position is accountable for creating a territory plan, managing leads and opportunities and developing a strong reference network of Centers of Excellence. The target accounts will initially be local key Urology and Pathology opinion leaders and innovators, high-volume urology clinics, teaching hospitals and other hospital-owned urology clinics. The Territory Manager will be responsible for setting appointments, presenting the product, understanding the account strategically including economic, technical and user decision-makers to close sales and secure service agreements.
Candidate Required Skills, Education & Experience
- Must have experience in outside sales with a proven successful record.
- Must show ability to build product awareness and educate a new market in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ideal candidates will also have successful experience in one or more of the following:
- Sales of medical equipment to physicians and hospitals that require education to create clinical value, strong relationship building and gaining contractual commitments.
- Sales of disposable medical equipment into pathology labs.
- Sales of imaging equipment like ultrasounds into Urology offices
- Must have a car and be willing to travel including weekends for tradeshows or to meet with customers.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with other employees to develop and win sales (e.g. Clinical and Technical Support Manager, Application Engineer, CEO and CCO).
- Experience working in a start-up environment or launching a game-changing medical product would be highly valued.
- BS or BA Degree preferred.