joimax® is the leading and developing company of endoscopic spinal surgery. joimax® focuses on innovative technologies, systems and methods for endoscopic minimally invasive spinal surgery. Our surgical solutions ensure the most gentle treatment, always keeping the best interests of our patients in mind. As a result, our complete surgical systems allow for the safest and most cost-effective procedures.
joimax, Inc., based in Irvine California, has an opening for a full-time ASSOCIATE PRODUCT MANAGER. This is an entry-level position with a great opportunity for a sharp go-getter to learn marketing product management in the medical device industry. This position is onsite in Irvine. We are seeking candidates from the surrounding cities; no relocation assistance will be offered.
The Associate Product Manager will work closely with the Product Manager and Marketing teams to develop and execute product management activities. This individual will maintain expert knowledge of joimax® market-leading product portfolio and use this information to assist the Sales team in achieving goals through effective joimax® brand marketing and representation to surgeons and distributors.
Our ideal Associate Product Manager will have some Marketing and Technical work experience, with the ability to develop product marketing strategies to align with corporate goals and product identity with the marketplace. This role requires you to successfully develop and cultivate relationships with internal and external stakeholders. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and will interact on a regular basis with QA / RA, Clinical, Marketing, Sales, Operations, Customers, and Senior Leadership. A positive attitude, self-starter, and ability to think on your feet, combined with professionalism, are also keys to your success as the Associate Product Manager.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Become proficient with all procedures, clinical applications, and product portfolio; and be seen as the "Subject Matter Expert" by our customers.
- Demonstrate complete understanding of medical device product development process.
- Work with internal departments (Sales, Operations, Clinical and Marketing teams) to ensure the highest quality of products and quickly rally necessary partners to resolve quality issues.
- Work collaboratively with internal departments (Sales, Operations, Clinical and Marketing teams).
- Must be able to interact with and nurture relationships with KOLs.
- Attend conferences, tradeshows, workshops, labs, etc. and provide the necessary support in preparation for these events.
- Create and present necessary training materials associated with product positioning, strategy and education.
- Develop and update product line cross-references based on input and collaboration with sales operations team.
- Develop product-related marketing materials, such as new literature & promotional materials, to support sales and clinical team needs.
- Support sales efforts, including training and technical support for internal and external customers.
- Maintain knowledge of competitive products and dissemination of pertinent information to field teams (sales & clinical).
- Management of product upgrades.
- Strategic planning for future products and effective collaboration working with global development and marketing teams.
- Support Product Manager's launch of new products from conception to market launch through full product life cycle.
- Sustain a high level of communication with the clinical education and sales teams to ensure timely, high-quality education and training on Joimax® techniques and products for our customers.
- Occasional early morning online meetings with the German PM team, may start as early as 7:00am PST.
- Perform other such tasks and projects as assigned by Supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications (minimum requirements):
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Life Science, or Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year experience in marketing, sales, engineering, or product management roles; or equivalent experience in the medical device industry.
- Medical device and/or capital equipment experience (orthopedics, fusion/implants, durable medical equipment, etc.) is a plus.
- Must be flexible to work occasional weekends and travel domestically for events/ tradeshows/congress, minimum 2x per month (approximately 25% travel).
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fluid environment, and at varying levels of the organization
o Manage, organize, and prioritize workflow and to meet established timeframes.
o Work within a cross-functional team and matrix management structure.
o Perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, team environment.
o Self-starter, proactive and possess a high degree of self-confidence.
- Professional presence with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
o Must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and senior
o Ability to represent the company at a variety of business functions or situations in a
professional and competent manner.
- Intermediate proficiency with technology: Microsoft Office Suite and Teams; internet browsers, Zoom, and social media sites (LinkedIn, Facebook).
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on occasion.
- Knowledge of surgery with spine experience is a plus.
- Upstream and downstream product management experience is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of FDA Regulatory processes/regulated medical device environment is a plus
- Experience with, and understanding of, clinical/operating room/surgical environment and workflow is a plus.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Plans
- 401(k) Retirement plus Company Match
- Vacation/Sick Leave/Company Paid Holidays
- Voluntary FSA and Short-term/Long-Term Disability Plans
- Flexible Work Hours with Core Office Hours
- Fast paced environment with really cool co-workers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. The physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
All new employees are required to undergo background checks and drug screen testing.
Joimax® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. joimax® evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic. In addition, if requested in advance joimax® will provide reasonable accommodations for any part of the application or interview process.
To learn more about joimax, visit us at https://www.joimax.com/us/