Careers That Change Lives
The Associate Sales Representative (ASR) will partner with the field sales and clinical teams and act as a resource in markets to cover cases, lead in-service activities, and support expansion and growth within our business. The ASR will be assigned to individual Regions, will report directly to the District Sales Manager’s specific territories and will have individual quota responsibility and at times, support business initiatives in tandem with assigned Market Sales Representatives. Additionally, the ASR may be required to work outside primary territory assignments as required by business condition and travel will be a consideration at varied times throughout the fiscal year.
Medical Surgical Business Description
The Medical Surgical Group is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. From advanced energy-based surgical devices to decades of experience across areas of respiratory care, we offer unmatched clinical and economic value through our range of market-leading brands. Our trusted technologies deliver performance and inspire confidence through a comprehensive approach that takes every element of a patient's health into careful consideration.
ADVANCED SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Works under direction of the District Sales Manager and in tandem with the Market Sales Representatives .
Support the Market sales team to enable more selling time for both themselves, the Therapy Specialists and Market Sellers. Specifically, three key areas of focus:
- Covers cases for Sales Representatives and provides sales support within key customer based within the Market. Ensure new technology is introduced, when appropriate and help drive satisfaction and loyalty to our technology.
- Assist / Lead all in-service activities relative to disposable and/or hardware within key customer based.
- Install any necessary equipment/hardware and perform functional/safety tests and/or introduction or collaboration necessary with the Bio-Med team.
- Drive expansion of new purchases of ASI products with the territory, coordinate and collaborate across the Market as needed
- Focus on customer satisfaction as a high priority.
- Provide technical information to surgeons and staff consistent with product user manuals and instructions for use
- When and where appropriate, support out of town conversions by travel to site to perform activities deemed critical by conversion site lead up to by not limited to:
- Case coverage
- Product introduction/demo to staff and Clinicians
- Inventory balancing exercises at both the site and/or warehouse level
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Promotes and sells Medtronic's Minimally Invasive Therapies products and services within an assigned geographic area and /or specific customer accounts to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including key opinion leaders and related major medical associations and academic centers of excellence.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Medtronic's Minimally Invasive Therapies products and/or services.
- Collaborates across key internal stakeholder groups (finance, sales operations, marketing, OEM, etc.) as well as peers to identify and address trends and to support business goals and strategy.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitors activities.
- Develops and/or implements market development plans/strategies and changes as needed.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required
- 0 years of experience required
Nice to Have
- Minimum of 1-3 years previous field sales experience is preferred
- Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of sales techniques typically gained through education and / or on the job learning.
- Introductory knowledge of company products and services.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)