At Akili Interactive, we're bringing together world-class neuroscience with the latest technology and video game entertainment to create a new class of digital medicines, delivered through captivating video game experiences. To learn more about our flagship product, EndeavorRx, please visit EndeavorRx.com.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are incredibly important to all of us. Akili's success is based on our ability to hire and retain diverse, uniquely qualified talent from incredibly diverse industries such as gaming, software, clinical research, biotechnology, and the pharmaceutical industry and we work together with a common mission; to challenge the status quo of medicine.
We are committed to hearing all voices. Akili Interactive provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
The Vice President, Marketing, will be responsible for defining and executing the overall marketing strategy to drive awareness and adoption of Akili's growing portfolio of products. The role reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will collaborate closely with the commercial leadership team, as well as cross-functional colleagues in the medical, product, legal, regulatory and corporate communication teams. The Vice President, Marketing will oversee all aspects of the marketing function, including long-term brand strategy, market shaping, promotional messaging, tactical planning as well as digital marketing/omnichannel engagement with HCPs, patients and caregivers. This individual will also be responsible for continuing to develop a high-performance marketing team.
In short, this is an opportunity for someone with a demonstrated track record of launch excellence to shape an important nascent market with a dynamic company at the intersection of neuroscience, mobile gaming and prescription medicine.
- Selection, development and leadership of a best-in class marketing team that will execute all aspects of marketing (strategy, messaging, omnichannel, brand management, marketing operations).
- Creation and execution of strategic marketing plans to ensure the successful launch of Akili's growing portfolio of prescription digital therapeutic products, including but not limited to market analysis, segmentation and business intelligence in order to create and drive effective brand strategies.
- Ownership of brand positioning, creation of brand value propositions, promotional messaging, identification of barriers/mitigation strategies, etc.
- Development and stewardship of a standard process that results in repeatable, scalable product launches.
- Oversight and execution on the development of promotional materials, approval process, and dissemination of approved materials.
- Selection and management of agencies and vendors to deliver on internally developed marketing priorities.
- Identification and execution of field force needs and materials.
- Representation of the commercial leadership in cross-functional collaboration with product, development, medical, and operations for marketing related responsibilities.
- Compliant collaboration with Medical Affairs on communications strategy and KOL engagement.
- Management of overall Marketing department finances, including forecasting, budgeting and tracking.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 15+ years of experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or biotech markets (sales, market access, marketing, project management, corporate communications, or a related field) with 5-7 years minimum in marketing execution and/or brand management.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully implement innovative models in regulated industries, with ability to not just envision new and disruptive approaches but experience in operationalizing as well.
- Prior marketing product launch leadership experience is a must: this includes brand strategy development, health care provider and patient marketing as well as market shaping / influencer execution.
- Experience building, managing and growing high-performance teams.
- Management of P&L and accountability for revenue contribution, operating expense, and forecasting
- Demonstrated understanding of cross functional commercial areas, including sales, marketing analytics, payer and sales training.
- Working knowledge of marketing and sales enablement platforms (e.g. salesforce.com, Veeva, etc.)
- Ability to analyze complex data and information and develop key strategies and solutions to address issues.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships, including promotional and advertising agencies as well as Telehealth partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines.
- Knowledge of or experience with Digital Therapeutics and/or Prescription Digital Therapeutics is considered a plus, so too is experience in ex-US prescription markets.
At Akili, we are committed to:
- Be Bold - We are pioneers. We take risks, embrace discomfort, aim high, and act fearlessly. We break down barriers for our patients.
- Be Creative - We are inventors. Our success is dependent upon thinking beyond the status quo. We are extremely open-minded, take nothing for granted, and create unprecedented solutions for our patients.
- Be Inclusive - We hear ALL voices. We encourage all input, embracing our strengths and leveraging our differences, and treat each other (and our patients) with utmost respect.
- Be Accountable - We own it. We take responsibility for our own work and the success of our colleagues. We make, and keep our commitments. Our patients are counting on us to hold each other to the highest standard.
- Be Well -We improve lives. We are committed and obsessed with the health of our patients, employees, and ourselves. All in service of improving the well being of the world.
Don't meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that under-represented groups are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Akili we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities at Akili.