New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our Sales team support our customers by providing clinical information about products, educational information, clinical training programs and resources. We support healthcare providers and healthcare systems meet the goals of the patients in their communities.
Our company’s Oncology organization is dedicated to delivering breakthrough innovations that extend and improve the lives of cancer patients worldwide. Our team of dauntless, forward-thinking individuals achieves this through an unwavering commitment to supporting accessibility to medicine, providing new therapeutic procedures, and collaborating with governments and payers to ensure that people who need medicines have access to them. At our company, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative medicines that help people with cancer across the globe.
As we continue to grow and define the Oncology market of the future, we are looking for dynamic, entrepreneurial individuals who thrive in a team environment and are driven to succeed. The Oncology Sales Representative is a key member of our customer facing organization and is responsible for partnering with customers to address identified needs, educating key stakeholders about our leading immunotherapy compound, and communicating our vision to the larger Oncology community.
- This is a field based sales position that covers: Hawaii.
- The selected candidate must reside within the territory.
- Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of how to create a compelling and logical rationale for the value of products and how to contrast, compare, and position our company brand(s) versus competition using appropriate resources in informed discussions about products with HCP customers – knowing when and how to seek and provide additional information.
- Act as primary point of contact for customer. Meet with key customers/ personnel to understand practice structure, business model, and key influencers.
- Possess knowledge of cancer staging and possible treatment options and dosing schedules associated with different tumors/ diseases, with comprehensive understanding of the impact of those options on the patient. Must understand impact and use of clinical trials in multiple tumor types/ therapies, both in impact on promoted products and in practice behavior of the account.
- Ability to analyze and identify trends in a complex buying environment. This includes the multiple channels of drug distribution, Oncology GPO’s, wholesalers and specialty pharmacies. Review and evaluate patterns for products purchased and prescribed, outpatient vs in-patient infusion, as part of hospital contract, etc.
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex account interdependencies in order to develop both short and long-term account plans in conjunction with a wide array of stakeholders, proactively working with the account team and supervisor (known as the Customer Team Leader) to effectively execute the account plan. Share learnings and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs.
- Influence beyond their specific geography or product area demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in oncology accounts, using the insights to position our company Oncology brands and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with extended "in-scope" customer team to ensure a consistent customer experience across our company's divisions and functional areas; ensure integration with the Key Account Manager, Nurse Educator, Field Reimbursement Associate, Medicare Account Executive, and other key stakeholders to share key customer learnings and support customer needs.
Preferred Experience And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree with 6-8 years Sales experience OR a minimum of high school diploma with at least 10 years of equivalent experience.
- Equivalent experience can be: Professional sales experience, work experience in the healthcare/scientific field (including pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical devices) that is not sales related, professional marketing experience, or military experience.
- 0 - 2 years of oncology field sales experience.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Travel the amount of time the role requires.
- Documented history of strong performance in a sales / marketing or oncology clinical role.
- Oncology sales experience with a therapeutic agent.
- Clinical oncology experience across multiple solid tumors.
Candidates with 0 - 2 years of oncology field sales experience will be hired at the S2 Oncology Sales Representative level.
Candidates with 2+ years of oncology field sales experience will be hired at the S3 Oncology Sales Specialist level.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.Who We Are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.What We Look For …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HEREUS And Puerto Rico Residents Only
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.Employee Status
No relocationVISA Sponsorship
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License
YesNumber Of Openings