Candidate must be located in or adjacent to Los Angeles Metropolitan area.
Responsible for attaining sales goals and objectives through the creation and execution of a sales plan in the assigned area. This position will drive sales growth through communication and in-person interactions with current and prospective customers regarding Zimmer products. The primary products for this sales role are Total Joint Arthroplasty and Reconstruction of the knee, hip and shoulder.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Builds strong relationships with key surgeons in the given area, while able to cover orthopedic procedures with clinical proficiency and business acumen.
Works with Team Leader to build and implement a sales plan for the assigned area, manages and tracks customer sales activity and prospective customer initiatives, achieves sales targets, reports on sales progress and competitor and customer activities to sales leader, and utilizes the surgery management system to ensure flawless execution of product delivery to the customer.
Works with team to plan, coordinate and execute local educational and sales events, with the support of other internal resources, intended to augment the business and help to deliver assigned sales goals. Supports referral network of key surgeons and works with key surgeons to educate referrals on Zimmer products. Strictly adheres to all laws and Zimmer policies and SOPs regarding the interaction with HCP’s (Health Care Professionals), product handling and complaints, expense reporting, sales activities and training.
Expected Areas of Competence
• Ability to become technically proficient with the complete portfolio of products.
• Ability to multitask in a clinical setting
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with surgeons, hospital staff, and administration
• Willing and capable of carrying weights up to 50 pounds, independently
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent medical industry experience
• Up to 95% predominantly by car, depending on territory
• Up to 10% overnight travel may be required