Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Neuromodulation business is an area of expertise for Abbott. This business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. Our Solutions include Proclaim (TM) XR SCS System, the #1 Spinal cord stimulator on the market, Proclaim (TM) DRG Neurostimulator, the only FDA approved DRG therapy and a market leader in radiofrequency ablation therapy, Abbott RFA. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum. Our deep brain stimulation technology for progressive diseases help people manage their Parkinson’s disease and essential tremor symptoms, steering away from side effects.
Reporting to the Area Vice President - Chronic Pain Therapies, the Key Account Manager is responsible for effectively implementing the DRG therapy commercial strategy with key providers while working with ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) in targeted markets to ensure patients and providers both understand the value of and have access to DRG therapy.What You’ll Do
Education And Experience You’ll Bring
- providing DRG therapy education within local markets through education events with health care providers (HCP) and support staff,
- executing the commercial ASC strategy at the account level while acting as the primary contact for financial, sales, educational and service-related needs,
- serving as a technical DRG expert in target markets by providing DRG therapy case coverage for new or re-engaged HCPs, and
- partnering and collaborating with Territory Managers and Clinical Specialists to ensure a strong working relationship through close communication, thoughtful planning, and focused execution.
- Construct business plans for top accounts and key opinion leaders (KOLs) with quantifiable key performance indicators and timelines for achievement.
- Contact, visit and build lasting relationships with ASC executives, physicians and others in assigned markets that will lead to the purchase of Abbott Neuromodulation products.
- Participate in the contracting process of Abbott Neuromodulation products, specifically DRG therapy.
- Partner with Enterprise Accounts to seek unique solutions to complex negotiations.
- Provide medical professionals with information and training on the use of Abbott Neuromodulation products, specifically DRG therapy, through staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
- Gather and study information about competitive products and monitor competitor sales practices, prices and products.
- Analyze sales data; prepare quarterly business reviews and perform required administrative sales duties in a timely manner (training, expense reporting, inventory counts, etc.)
- Lead complex and/or high-risk account management with input from key internal stakeholders and field sales personnel.
- Achieve sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycle management.
- Manage all physical inventory which they are assigned.
- Remain current on developments in chronic pain, regulatory requirements, as well as industry trends.
- Maintain positive, collaborative relationships with functional business partners as well as field personnel.
- Attend trade shows and/or conferences for customer meetings.
- Comply with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Abbott policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What We Offer
- 4 or more years of experience in medical devices with demonstrated knowledge of industry policies and regulations
- 2 or more years of experience working with complex devices, preferably in the medical devices and/or neuromodulation
- 2 or more years of experience leading by influence in a dynamic, matrixed organization
- Comprehensive understanding of Chronic Pain Therapy technologies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated success delivering value-based messaging to executives, HCPs and support staff
- Previous sales leadership experience is a plus.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively
involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the
growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter
@AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal