Careers that Change Lives
A Day in the Life
The Sr. Regional Strategic Director will also be responsible for developing a strategic spine tech sales organization by integrating the OLIF, Deformity, Titan, GOAL and reps into one team of sales reps who have expertise in spine surgery using enabling technologies including navigation, robotics, and Medicrea. This leader is expected to know how to work closely with the Regional teams, National Accounts teams, business partners and the customers to meet the sales and business objectives. This will include the planning, development, and organization of team strategies, execution plans, and performance management as it relates to market and account strategies.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the cross training and change management to operationalize team
- Owns the adoption of new surgical approaches and procedures within the region by targeted deployment of the strategic spine tech sales reps to work territory to reps and make the territory reps self-sufficient within a reasonable time-frame
- Works with the RVP to develop strategy and tactics to gain share in the region and thoughtfully deploys the strategic tech sales teams to open competitive surgeons in collaboration with the territory sales team and district managers
- Focus on new revenue generation at key strategic and growth opportunity accounts through execution of Sales, Marketing and Medical Education resources
- Owns the ‘socket-race’ and ‘utilization’ race for robotic assisted spine surgery
- Owns the capital quota for the region and leads the capital sales reps to collaborate with the territory sales team to achieve revenue and unit goals with capital
- Supports the RVP and the district managers in attracting competitive talent
- Provides for growth and rotation opportunities for 20-30% of the team and constants brings in new hi-potential talent
- Establishes relationships with Key Opinion Leaders and administrative customers
- Champions Inclusion and Diversity programs to ensure full team engagement
- Ensures adherence to the MDT Quality Systems
- This individual will also represent the company in accordance with its policies, maintaining an awareness of market and competitive conditions for strategic planning while reporting directly to the Regional Vice President of Sales
Must Have: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelors degree required
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant sales experience or advanced degree with a minimum of 13 years of relevant sales experience, minimum of 10 years of managerial experience.
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated strategic and analytical skills; ideal candidate with background in complex selling situations, and ability to cultivate and maintain executive relationships.
- Prior Spine Sales Management preferred.
- Preferred to already live within specified region applied
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others.
- Strong track record of operating and leading within complex organizations.
- Human and financial resource management experience
- Ability to analyze complex business issues and to lead the development of customized, high value-added solutions
- Ability to cultivate and leverage new and pre-existing physician/executive-level relationships with both customers and Medtronic personnel in order to achieve business objectives
- Exceptional relationship management, organizational and structural skills
- Demonstrated success in complex negotiations and customer performance management
- Strong cross-organizational collaboration skills; ability to operate effectively in a matrixed environment
- Strong knowledge of hospital and healthcare economics environments
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with little direction; Flexibility; Creativity
- Leadership and people management skills
- Willingness and ability to institute change
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.