Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
Area Vice President of Sales - Spine & Biologics
How you'll make a difference?
The Area Vice President of Sales, Spine and Biologics will be responsible for providing the strategic sales direction for the Spine Fixation, Motion Preservation and Biologics product lines within a defined geography. The AVP position will focus on maximizing sales & company profitability, while managing the organizations assets and cost. The AVP’s will hire, train and continuously develop their sales managers and sales channel of distributor partners, while fostering strong customer relationships.
What will your duties and responsibilities be?
Demonstrates The Leadership Ability To Effectively Achieve The Following
- Plans and directs all sales activities in their Area for the Spine Fixation, Motion Preservation and Biologics product lines.
- Leads by example in consistently achieving optimal results and exhibiting an exceptionally high level of commitment, initiative and integrity in all business decisions and actions.
- Identifies and maintains relationships with key surgeons, opinion leaders, and distributor partners to optimize customer expertise and collaboration capabilities.
- Responsible for sales projections and sets objectives. Sets priorities, develops strategies and allocates appropriate resources to achieve objectives.
- Identifies strategic opportunities and aids in developing corporate strategic plans.
- Ensures that the company is aware of and is responsive to competitive activities.
- Assesses problems and formulates viable solutions, and continuously uncovers potential growth areas. Conceptualizes new opportunities and makes recommendations regarding corporate direction.
- Leverage cross-product portfolio relationships to achieve overall sales objectives for the Spine business unit.
- Partners with the Global Spine Medical Education team to provide surgeons and distributor partners with best in class spine surgeon training and education.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining communication between sales and all other departments within the company.
- Ensures effective managing of employee talent and organizational structure that will meet current and future business needs and strategies.
- Leads by example in practicing exceptional performance management skills, including but not limited to hiring, developing, and evaluating performance.
- Provides leadership to ensure a work culture that maximizes employee talents, promotes a high performance work environment, and demonstrates consistent performance management, mentoring, coaching, and career development practices.
What competencies will you need?
- Authenticity - Gaining other people's trust by demonstrating openness and honesty, behaving consistently, and acting in accordance with moral, ethical, professional and organizational guidelines.
- Coaching and Developing Others - Providing feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; planning and supporting the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Compelling Communication - Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and group; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and hold others' attention.
- Establishing Strategic Direction - Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organization values.
- Operational Decision Making - Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
- Personal Growth Orientation - Actively pursuing development experiences to improve interpersonal and business impact.
- Accountability - Holds self and others accountable for achieving organizational goals and expectations.
- Improvement through Innovation - Creates an environment that fosters innovation and supports continuous improvement of all business activities.
- Emotional and Social Intelligence - Understands own emotions is able to manage them appropriately.
- Customer and Employee Experience - Builds an organization that understands customer needs and focuses efforts to delight the customer.
What skills and qualifications will you need?
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education And/or Experience
- A high determination to succeed characterized by a strong work ethic, demonstrated accomplishment of goals and competitive spirit.
- Demonstrated management skills as measured by a minimum of 10 years of verifiable success and job stability in a related medical management capacity or equivalent.
- Require in-depth knowledge and understanding of the medical marketplace and its dynamics. Full knowledge and appreciation of dealing with physicians and other medical professionals, in their workplace and environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required to articulate clearly and present to individuals and larger groups. Must be able to advise management on policy and procedure issues and be able to effectively train, and manage the activities and development of Regional Vice Presidents, Regional Managers and Distributors.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience required. Must have demonstrated depth of thought and analytical skills.
- A high level of maturity demonstrated by acceptance of responsibility, level of judgment and decision making, and an ability to be flexible and accept change.
- Must have interpersonal skills which include a high trust/credibility factor, leadership, presence and poise, empathy for others, and an engaging personality.
What will the physical demands and work conditions be like?
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- In order to meet the expectations of this position, it is essential the individual be willing and able to travel as business dictates.
- Employee may be required to sit for extended periods of time. Standing, walking and meeting activities are required frequently throughout the workday. A large portion of the day is spent communicating orally in person and by phone. Employee must be able to utilize a personal computer. Ability to handle stress caused by multiple priorities, and other unforeseen situations associated with the organization. Normal sight or corrected vision is required.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.